• Report: #208820

• Submitted: Thu, August 31, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 31, 2006

• Reported By:Liberty Kentucky
Ugly Duckling Auto Sales, Drive Time Automotive Group
drivetime.com/ or cars.qoae.net/duckling-car-sales.htm Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Ugly Duckling Auto Sales, Drive Time Automotive Group ripoff Phoenix Arizona

I bought a car from Ugly Duckling in 1998 and I also co-signed for my roomate a car in 1998. First the car I bought was a 1995 I drove it for 2 weeks before repairing motor parts for 550.00 then 1 mo later put 600.00 in the car and then from each mo on I put about 500.00 to 1000 each mo for the next 6mos and I paid my payment ontime for 1.5yrs, then I missed one payment because I have a car bill due for 1,500.00 so the they called me when I was one day late and wanted the car back. Well, I made the payment and keep making payments for 6 more mos until the motor went completly and they wanted 3,000.00 to fix the car. Well Ugly Duckling would not work with me on payments, so I let them come and get the car. Now It's all over my cridit and has changed to a different co-DriveTime Auto, which still to the day hounds me abou the 9,000 bill, they did not sale the car for anything so I owe full payoff. OK Now the the kicker of the story-----
On the car I co-signed for my roomate got the car in 1998(the car was a 1997) on a friday and on Tuesday of the next week in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere the air bags went up in flames, so we had it towed and the next day called Ugly Duckling, they said pay for the car to be towed to them and they at the shop would look at the car and call us. Well, they did then they wanted 2,000 to fix it after just paying a 850.00 down payment 5 days before. We tried to work with them on a payment plan, they would not hear of it!!! They kept the car and would not give it back to have it repaired, so now its on my credit, not the roomate, which the car was in his name and they want me to pay them 14,000 for the loan, which is now DriveTime Auto.

I would not buy anything for this company. They will lie to your face to get the deposit and then stick you with it all!!!

Liberty, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2006 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-Duckling-Auto-Sales-Drive-Time-Automotive-Group/Phoenix-Arizona/Ugly-Duckling-Auto-Sales-Drive-Time-Automotive-Group-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-208820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling Auto Sales, Drive Time Automotive Group