Complaint Review: Ugly Duckling - Drive Time - Fan Distributing

• Submitted: Thu, June 21, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 21, 2007

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Ugly Duckling - Drive Time - Fan Distributing
1030 N Colorado St Gilbert, Arizona U.S.A.

Ugly Duckling - Drive Time Fan Distributing Ripoff dishonest fraudlent billing selling worthless cars and taking your money Gilbert Arizona

In 1999, I had bough a 90 Toyota Tercel. Within 6 months of buying that car, oil was leaking and the engine ended up giving out. SInce it was a new purchase, they said that they would pay half to 'rebuild' the engine. They made it worse. I ended up turning it over to them. Now when I purchased that car, it was Ugly Duckling. They have since went out of business or disguised themselves as Drive Time. Both had been reported on my credit and the total balance had gone up. Now they are are off my credit because it is past the limit they can stay on. But now I see Fan Distributing on my credit. Underneath it says original creditor Ugly Duckling.

Somehow the $5,000 car I bought and paid a $1,000 in payments is now showing the balance to be $12, 777. I have no idea how they have come up with this figure. Because they keep switching companies, it is allowed on my credit. Ugly Duckling and Drive Time are worthless businesses that are out to sell you a lemon and empting your pockets. With the bonus of ruining your credit. So, here I am 8 years later still dealing with them on my credit. If anyone knows on how to get this resolved, please let me know.. In the meantime, advise people do not, under any circumstances, buy a car from Drive Time. I live in North Texas and see them everywhere. I tell people not to ever go there.

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2007 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-Duckling-Drive-Time-Fan-Distributing/Gilbert-Arizona-85233/Ugly-Duckling-Drive-Time-Fan-Distributing-Ripoff-dishonest-fraudlent-billing-selling-wor-256033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling - Drive Time - Fan Distributing