Complaint Review: Ugly Duckling - Drive Time - Fan Distributing

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:Auburndale Florida
Ugly Duckling - Drive Time - Fan Distributing
4000 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Ugly Duckling - Drive Time - Fan Distributing ripoff Attempting to Collect an Accounmt Not Owed Tampa Florida

Last week I received a collection letter for an accouont associated with a creditor (Fan Distributing) of which I had never heard. After speaking with representatives of that collection agency, I did a search on Fan Distributing to see if I could identify them. Imagine my surprise when a ripoff report listing popped up, associating Fan Distributing with Ugly Duckling.

I purchased a vehicle from Carlisle Motors in June 1995. At some point during that loan period, Carlisle went out of business and sold its loans to Ugly Duckling. We made the last payment on this account on December 30, 1997, in the amount of $69.04. I have had no fuirther dealings with this company--period. I can only guess that they never paid the funding bank off for this loan and have reported it as though we never made any payments agsanst that loan balance. As far as I am concerned, what they are engaging in is fraud.

I don't know what's going on here, but, unlike the majority of the persons filing a report on your web site, I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as with the Florida Attorney General's office. It astonishes me that, with 56 separate rip off reports filed on your site, the Tampa State Attorney's office has only received seven phone calls about this company.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but those persons filing reports on this site need to stop blogging online and start doing what I am about to do;

Helenel
Auburndale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-Duckling-Drive-Time-Fan-Distributing/Tampa-Florida-33614/Ugly-Duckling-Drive-Time-Fan-Distributing-ripoff-Attempting-to-Collect-an-Accounmt-Not-267423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling - Drive Time - Fan Distributing