• Report: #191921

• Submitted: Wed, May 17, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2008

• Reported By:Lynwood California
Ugly Duckling - Drive Time
Firestone Blvd Downey, California U.S.A.

Ugly Duckling - Drive Time ripoff Downey California

*Consumer Comment: I was in the same spot as you just the past few months!

Pay off on a car. February 2006 was suppose to be it. I had fallen behind after a amputation on my foot and several hospitalizations but it took almost a year the first time to get them to defer the loan beacuse no one new how to do it.

In the mean time the interest on the late fees was mounting on top of the late fees. No one explained this to me. I was totally aware of the late fees but the over $800.00 due after the loan mature date totally left me floored. On top of the higher than ever interest they totally screw you big time.

Now they want to collect the vehicle for less that a $600.00 amount they say I still owe. Jeeeeeez, wish they were sitting on this end. And to top it off, there have been problems with the vehicle since day one but they blow you off.

I am amazed that the vehicle runs as well as it does, maybe because I have but alot of money into the upkeep.

Elizabeth
Lynwood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2006 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-Duckling-Drive-Time/Downey-California-90242/Ugly-Duckling-Drive-Time-ripoff-Downey-California-191921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling - Drive Time

I was in the same spot as you just the past few months!

AUTHOR: Tonya - (U.S.A.)

I was also done the same way and am tryen to connect with the people on here that are local to get a suit going, I was injured at work and have been threw 2 surgerys and need 2 more, I had taken a pay cut on disablilty, I got behind on my payments and finally got a defernment and they didnt tell me about the late charges or interest on the late charges, finaly I got the defernment and thought I was paying the car off and instead of getting the title I got a bill for 1035.00 I was so surprized I called them and they treated me so very badly I couldnt handle it, they said Just Pay the money, I asked what it was for and they said read your contract. Im going threw my payment history and found there was payments I have made that they didnt post and then payment I made that they didnt post for 14-16 days and charged me late charges because of there employees didnt post it when they recieved it, I have contacted 2 other ppl on here that are local and am tryen to get a class act suit started, Im going to contact everyone local on here and get the ball rolling, what they are doing is Illegal and they shouldnt get away with it, If I have an info I will post it, if you want me to send you a message send me your E-Mail Keep in touch, and Im sorry about your injury and hope you heal well, my prayers...TEE