Complaint Review: Ugly Duckling, DriveTime, Fan Distributing

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2004

• Reported By:Athens Georgia
Ugly Duckling, DriveTime, Fan Distributing
www.drivetime.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Ugly Duckling, DriveTime, Fan Distributing Car would not start, wouldn't tow, repo'd in a month, know it's killing my credit Atlanta Georgia

First warning do not use this company.

1. I was young and had no credit

2. I saw a commercial that promised to file my taxes and give me a car. Which sounded very appealing.

3. I left my reliable $500 1978 Corrolla in for $150 and I got a wonderful 90' bright red Cavalier.

4. My car broke down in 2 weeks. I put a new starter, alternator, and battery in and it still wouldn't start.

5. I called Ugly Duckling and they refused to tow it. Agreed to fix it but would not come get it.

6. I refused to pay.

7. They repo'd it.

8. Resold a 30 day fresh-out-off-the-lot car for a measley $1200 in an auction.

9. Slapped my credit with 3 different charges from 3 different companies. It looks like I owe $25,000 for a $4000 car. I'm serious . . . it's listed once as Ugly Duckling repo $4000. Then Fan Distributing repo $11,000. And last but not least Fan Distributing, Inc repo $10,000.

10. Consider using Ugly Duckling if you have no intention of ever repairing your credit.

Just something to think about. Luckily it should be coming off my credit soon, but then again they'll probably just get me under a different company name.

Marie
Athens, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2004 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-Duckling-DriveTime-Fan-Distributing/Atlanta-Georgia-30601/Ugly-Duckling-DriveTime-Fan-Distributing-Car-would-not-start-wouldnt-tow-repod-in-a-81056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling, DriveTime, Fan Distributing