Complaint Review: Ugly Duckling

• Submitted: Wed, January 26, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 26, 2005

• Reported By:Donna Texas
Ugly Duckling
drivetime.com Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Drivetime - Ugly Duckling ripoff Tucson Arizona

As a single mother, recently divorced with 4 children, I moved to Tucson Az. to try a new start for my family. I was working 2 jobs, never on Public assistance. I was told that I could get a car for little down at this place. I needed a car really bad since my old van was hopeless. I gave a $1500. down payment on a 1991 Ford Explorer.... looked nice no dents. I was worried about, what I thought was the muffler... turned out the motor was shot!

I got an estimate of of $850.00 to fix. I fixed it, I was late on a couple of payments as a result. I got back on my feet and all was well a few months down the line. I was out on a trip up to Mount Lemon on my way down the mountain my transmission went out!

Good thing my new friend at the time had a cell phone and called a tow truck. I paid $2500. for the transmission and the labor. I called them asked for an extension on the payments to which they said they would work out with me. Well they added and added late charges and I struggled to pay for the truck. Before I ever finished paying for the vehicle the engine completly locked up on me. I finished paying for a heap of scrap iron and a set of keys, to this day it sits in front of my new home, as a reminder of those kind of places. I now have a charge for $8000. on my credit report from the new compnay, Drivetime...WHAT THE F***!!@*$#......I only found out because I was apply for a new car loan, and it showed up onmy credit as a repo... I owed them $8000.00.... I am contacting an attorney and suing the stupid bastards!

Juanita
Donna, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2005 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-Duckling/Tucson-Arizona-85021/Drivetime-Ugly-Duckling-ripoff-Tucson-Arizona-129006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling