Complaint Review: Ugly Duckling/Drive Time

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2003

• Reported By:Compton,CA,90220 California
Ugly Duckling/Drive Time
2803 Lantana St. Compton CA 90220 Gilbert,, Arizona U.S.A.

Ugly Duckling/Drive Time ripoff. Ugly Duckling says one thing and does another. Gilbert Arizona

I purchased a car from ugly duckling in 1999. On Feb 15, 2002 my balance was $673.00. The customer rep told me I had a balance of $834.00. She stated late fees were added to my account. I asked the office when they were going to give me my customer referral amount of $150.00.

I had 2 people buy cars from ugly duckling/Monica Rodgers & my step father Van Scoot. They bought their cars around the same time and by the same sales man. The Wilmington office will not give me my credit. I did not pay the balance because they owe me my credit for my stepfather purchasing a car.

May 20th Ms. Victoria Golden called me for settling the balance which her balance is $695.00. I told her that I am willing to accept the true balance if they will give me my credit for my stepfather purchasing his car, and I was waiting for her letter of an agreement. On May 27th Ms Victoria Golden had one of the reps from Garland TX call me saying if I didn't make a quick collect over the phone today he would come and snatch my car up under my feet, and if I were his daughter he'd kick my a--.

I hung up on him and called the office back and spoke to another gentlemen Bill Jacobs. I explained everything to him. He told me to request for my payment history to see if I had received my credit. They faxed it over and it only states one referral. Their supervisor in the corporate office tells me because of the account being so old they can't issue me my credit, She also stated, that the balance is very low and that they are giving me a deal.

I told her I would rather accept them deducting my referral of $150.00 because it's fair and the truth, than to have ugly duckling rob me. If I have a balance I would pay what I owe. I only want what's fair out of the deal. Ugly Duckling says one thing and does another. Ugly Duckling also promised a credit card after 3 months, then they told me six months and I never received it.

Donna
Compton,CA,90220, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2003 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-DucklingDrive-Time/Gilbert-Arizona-85233/Ugly-DucklingDrive-Time-ripoff-Ugly-Duckling-says-one-thing-and-does-another-Gilbert-Ar-60820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling/Drive Time