Complaint Review: Uhaul Toronto - DoverCourt Rd

• Updated: Fri, December 04, 2009

• Reported By: johnnydaq — Toronto Ontario Canada
Uhaul Toronto - DoverCourt Rd
45 Dovercourt Rd, Toronto, Ontario Canada

Uhaul Toronto - DoverCourt Rd Queen Express Moving Supplies Overcharged for equipment and is EXTREMLY RUDE Toronto, Ontario Canada

*Author of original report: Update

*UPDATE Employee: We value our customers

I rented a truck from Uhaul on Dovercourt here in Toronto.  This guy is a complete ripoff artist.  Not only does he treat customers badly but he find every possible way to overcharge clients.

When I rented I chose to not have the insurance.  I've driven for 17 years without incident.  I returned the truck after moving (all of 3 km's).  He called the next day to tell me he was billing me $265 extra dollars for a signal light being cracked.  I felt completely setup on this one.  When I rented the truck he did not do a walk-around with me, simply handed me the keys and said drop it off before 8 AM.  After the fact I realized I signed the walk-around form before I even left his office to go outside to pick up the truck.  Completely suspicious as his only comment was "if you had purchased the insurance you wouldn't be in this mess".  Beyond that he was totally rude and carried on about how dishonest I was, followed by some choice swear words...  I cannot believe Uhaul lets pricks like this run their operations.

While I was in his office he was also on the phone with a person disputing charges.  Instead of asking her to hold he simply kept putting his phone down while she was talking.  I could hear her talking on the phone but he simply put it down as if to ignore her and pick up when he felt like it.  COMPLETE A**HOLE.

DO NOT RENT FROM UHAUL TORONTO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2009 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uhaul-Toronto-DoverCourt-Rd/Toronto-Ontario-/Uhaul-Toronto-DoverCourt-Rd-Queen-Express-Moving-Supplies-Overcharged-for-equipment-and-529801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uhaul Toronto - DoverCourt Rd

Update

AUTHOR: johnnydaq - (Canada)

Maria,

Thank you for the response.  After more than a week of discussion/arguing we have been refunded our money.  We have used Uhaul religiously for years and this was by far the one and only horrible experience we've had.  It's unfortunate and hope that owners like this get filtered from the system.

Regards,
J

We value our customers

AUTHOR: Maria p. - (U.S.A.)

My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International. I first would like to offer you an apology for the rude treatment you experienced with our U-Haul dealership.

Please be advised this U-Haul Dealer is an independent businessman. We do have a regular program for counseling with dealers to give them the benefit of our experience in successful U-Haul service. As independent businessmen, they are free to accept or reject our suggestions in accordance with their own independent judgment.

Please be assured we will follow up on the information you provided and take corrective action as needed to ensure our customers are receiving the quality of service they have come to expect and deserve from U-Haul.

Damage claims are handled through Republic Claims Insurance Company. You can reach them at 800 528-7134 if you wish to file a claim. Thank you very much and I hope you will allow U-Haul to redeem itself in the future.