Complaint Review: Uhaul

• Reported By: Jupiter — Roanoke Virginia
Uhaul
Nationwide USA

Uhaul Got mug by uhaul Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Let's See Here...

*Consumer Comment: How is this their fault?

I have been a loyal customer to uhaul for years until 06/09/2014 I was in a process of moving from Florida to Virginia I call uhaul and I rented a moving truck and a tow dolly it cost me over $800, no one had told me to remove the drive shaft of my car because my car is a back wheel drive so my transmission was got fried on the way to Virginia so I call uhaul to explain them the situation,

the filled a claim and transfer me to repwest their insurance company then one week later they denied my claim, then they say it's because the contract I had sign did say to remove the drive shaft no one really read contract any more uhaul, never again, now I have to pay 3'700 for the transmission damages to get it fix thanks a lot uhaul,  I just wanted to share my experience with uhaul with you guys so think twice before giving them your money, this b**** ain't loyal the only care about getting your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2014 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uhaul/nationwide/Uhaul-Got-mug-by-uhaul-Nationwide-1154730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uhaul

Let's See Here...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You filed the claim and their insurance company denies it saying the contract WHICH YOU SIGNED contained wording ADVISING YOU to remove the driveshift prior to towing, right?  Your next incredible statement (throughout your run-on, no punctuation, poor grammar posting) is, and I quote EXACTLY:   "....no one really read contract any more uhaul, never again."  Then later, "...you guys think twice before giving them your money.  this b****ain't loyal the only care about getting your money."

Exactly what did they do wrong?  Please explain that!  What happened here is YOU FAILED to read the contract!  If YOU would have read the contract BEFORE signing it, then YOU would have very plainly had seen the statement about removing the driveshaft.  You would have seen IN ADVANCE what could happen to your transmission.  YOU failed to read the contract.  YOU failed to heed the warning and advice.  There's NOBODY to blame here but YOU.  No, I don't work for them.

Absolutely incredible!

How is this their fault?

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

U-Haul didn't trash your transmission.  You did.

"one week later they denied my claim, then they say it's because the contract I had sign did say to remove the drive shaft no one really read contract any more uhaul"

Just because you don't read contracts doesn't mean no one reads them.   A contract is a written agreement between yourself and another party.   If you don't read contracts, how are you supposed to know what your responsibilities are?  Like removing the driveshaft.

If you continue the habit of signing contracts without reading them, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of you on this site.  Half the reports here are from people who did not read what they signed and did not know what they actually agreed to.