Complaint Review: Ulta

Ulta
Northshore Mall Peabody, Massachusetts United States of America

Ulta Coupon scam!!! Peabody, Massachusetts

*UPDATE Employee: Employee

Just left Ulta for the last time. I will not do buisness with Ulta due to their Bait and Switch tactics they practice with their nearly useless coupons. In the past year they have added more and more products to the list of products not covered by their coupon. I went to buy the same hair product that I bought 3 weeks ago, only to find out that it was now on the list of non covered items. They also stopped carrying the larger bottle of said product. It was a better deal to buy the bigger bottle.

I gave the clerk my "rewards" card as I walked out! I won't be back! Buyer beware! I went to (((competitor's name redacted))) instead and saved myself $12 and got 5 quality free samples too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2012 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ulta/Peabody-Massachusetts-01960/Ulta-Coupon-scam-Peabody-Massachusetts-863475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ulta

Employee

AUTHOR: BSO87 - (United States of America)

As an employee of Ulta, it drives me crazy to deal with the ignorant customers who do not read the coupons, and the fine print. About half the items in the store are NOT covered by our coupons, which is NOT because of our choosing. What people don't understand is that the VENDORS of prestige or professional products do not allow us to use coupons on their brands. If you have an issue with not being able to use a coupon for a specific brand, TAKE IT UP WITH THE BRAND!!!

Also, if you really had just previously bought the product three weeks ago and was able to use a coupon, it was either a special coupon that allowed the product or was recently added to the "list" which is unlikely because I've never in the time I've worked for Ulta heard of that.

BUT, all you had to do was explain this to the manager (or even cashier!) on duty and I'm sure you would have gotten the discount, and free samples because the Ulta's in MA are all about customer satisfaction. But honestly, I think our company is better off without another ignorant customer like you! Enjoy the *competitor*'s store :)