Complaint Review: Ultimate Business Services

• Submitted: Mon, February 14, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 15, 2012

• Reported By: Not Suprised to see this company on — Light House Pointe Florida United States of America
Ultimate Business Services
700 West Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

Ultimate Business Services Ultimate Water & Coffee Will Completely lie to jobseekers in order for them to make a single $1 Deerfield Beach, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Yep

I was not suprised to see Ultimate Business Services on this website after doing an internet search. The Author of this report hit alot of key points so I will keep my statement brief.

To the so called Happy Employee who rebuttaled this report, you are completely full of it, and you know it. That is a complete lie to say that 85% of the free trials end in a signed contract. You also had written that Ultimate Business Services commissions are better than any of the competition, well I would agree with you on that if you believe the BS coming out of whoever you claim these outstanding leaders are. In order for a sales rep to make anything off of a free trial, it would have to end in a signed contract by the customer, agreed upon terms of 60 Months. Yes, a 60 Month contract for a piece of garbage water cooler produced in China that the company probably paid no more than $300 for. How do I know this, well I am one of the hundreds, if not thousands of people who have gotten shafted. During my 2 1/2 week employment at Ultimate Business Services I experienced a sales team of nine sales reps get a total of 5 free trials for the entire week. The quota put forth in front of us was each sales rep had to get 4 free trials a week. I saw consisitently over 2 1/2 weeks, nine sales reps get 5-7 free trials between all nine of them total for the week. This is to also include Coffee and paper product free trials. Come to find out after my departure from Ultimate Business Services a friend of mine worked for them briefly. He had heard from another disgruntled employee during his employment, that the company had to source other products to sell because Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties have been way over saturated with new sales reps over the years from Ultimate Business Services cold calling, going business to business trying to give away a free trial with the water cooler to the same business owner(s) or person(s) in charge.

The turnover of employees was definately an eye sore when your are new, and just starting out. On the sales team I was on, I saw 4-6 people come and go in a 2 1/2 week period due to they quit or they got fired. The company was prepared though, they had 4-5 new people to not pay or train correctly start within a few days. This happened twice while I was employed their. The beginning of my second week I had closed my first deal. I signed a monthly charge of $50 and a term of 60 Months. Now if you multiply the $50 monthly charge by the term of 60 months, the value of the contract is $3000. By the end of that week I had closed two more contracts, and all three contracts valued just under $6000. A few days after that is when I found out I was going to be let go due to me supposedly not being a good fit, and I got compensated Minimum Wage for my time. (which is what seemed to happen to 90% of the new employees within three weeks of them working there) So all in all, I made about $300 for 2 1/2 weeks of my time cold calling, getting free trials, getting contracts closed, for the company to pocket the rest. I basicly worked for free by the time I figured the hundreds of miles I put on my vehicle, and gas I had to pay for. This seems to be a common practice for them. Lets say your 85% free trial to contract figure is correct. From what I, and other people that started the same time I did notice, was 80-90% of the free trials coming in are from new sales reps. What happens to all those free trials that the new sales reps go when they quit or are let go during their 2nd or 3rd week.  Probably to the leaders you are speaking of.

To anybody wanting to go in and see for yourself, (even in a rebuttal they are trying to lure people in) be careful you mIght be the next one writing about your experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultimate-Business-Services/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33441/Ultimate-Business-Services-Ultimate-Water-Coffee-Will-Completely-lie-to-jobseekers-in-or-695133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultimate Business Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Yep

AUTHOR: UCFNYY - (United States of America)

I worked for this company as well, for three weeks.  Having been involved in professional sales for much of my career, I found myself looking for work after being laid off due to the economic downturn.

I was promised HOT leads, a turnkey program that couldn't lose, and $750 per week in training pay, plus car and cell phone allowances. What I got was leads that were often years old (many of them had rejected service previously), a corporate culture and sales system based on deception and deliberately inflated statistics, and a pay structure that reverted to minimum wage if you didn't convince 3 businesses to take on the free* trial in your VERY FIRST week. No product training to speak of, no support (front or back end); here are your brochures, go sell. By the way, we're out of professional, color brochures. Take these black and white photocopies with you true story). Then we get into the obscene numbers you'd have to post to get the car and cell money. In my tenure, not one front line rep qualified. There were only two people left on the sales force who were there when I started.

Now let's talk about pay issues. They pay a week behind, so after busting my ass for two weeks, I looked forward to getting paid for it. A "communication error" lead to my paperwork not being filed with the corporate office in time. I was informed that I would be paid the following Friday. That was unacceptable to me, and I made it very clear that I had the resources at my disposal to initiate legal action. I had to drive up to Broward to get that check. Finally, they attempted to withhold my last paycheck. After I was terminated for not producing (which very few people do), I was still owed a week of pay. After trying to be nice and getting nothing but the runaround in return, I had to make the DM aware that I knew of their reputation and that, once again, I was fully willing and able to take legal action. I firmly believe that that was the only reason I got that check mailed to me.

The only way I think they make money is by the sales managers poaching the warmest leads from people who give them an honest effort and succumb to the inevitable. On most of these forums, you have the occasional response and threat from a current employee. There's a VERY good reason that their posts are outnumbered as badly as they are. This is not a "promising opportunity"; it is a fraud.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC