isolated

• Updated: Mon, July 30, 2012

• Reported By:Clearwater Florida
Ultimate Medical Academy
1218 Court St #C Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Ultimate Medical Academy online learning REVIEW: Ultimate Medical Academys students can feel safe, confident & secure when you are a student at Ultimate Medical Academy. 93% of UMAs students said they were satisfied with UMAs program, their instructors and also their administration.
*UPDATE: UMA Commitment to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, ..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence. Online Learning, Nationwide, Internet, Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: To the employee at the school, I find your comments insulting

*Consumer Comment: So tell me why

*UPDATE Employee: It's more than what you will get from any community college!

Rip-off Report REVIEW:

Editors UPDATE: Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to Ultimate Medical Academy for its Commitment to Excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports review of Ultimate Medical Academy has revealed an amazing commitment to student satisfaction and educational quality which underlies all their operations. As recently as this year, 93% of UMAs students said they were satisfied with UMAs program, their instructors and also their administration. This means that students who attend Ultimate Medical Academy can expect the best service and dedication possible from the educators and the staff.

UMA executives expect every employee to listen carefully to any student concerns. UMA has successfully trained thousands of students for careers in the allied health field and their staff is always quick in their responses and they are readily available for specific needs or questions that come up. UMAs mission is to be a dynamic career school committed to empowering students to excel in the healthcare field. They strive to provide an educational experience that maximizes value to their students in a professional, supportive and ethical environment.

The students of Ultimate Medical Academy are the groundwork of UMAs outstanding reputation. UMA realizes that without successful students, they would not have the extraordinary, innovative programs they offer today. They train students for jobs in many different fields, however they also teach them the importance of community. UMA works hard to develop a sense of community in their students so they will want to give back, and they also support many health-related organizations, including nonprofits.

Anyone familiar with Ultimate Medical Academy can attest to the dedication they have to ensuring that every graduate succeeds. Says one student, UMA starts helping you find a job at the very beginning with the Think Build Live Success course. It boosts your confidence. When it comes down to the end of things, they start really digging in and helping you to write a resume, write a cover letter. They do mock interviews with you over the phone. They do the job hunting for you.

Ripoff Report can confirm that Ultimate Medical Academy takes quality control very seriously. With a recently revised internal appeal process, there are now four different levels of staff available to discuss any student concern. They have also recently restructured their student finance department in order to participate in additional grant programs which will benefit the students.

Ultimate Medical Academy understands the value of being a Ripoff Report Verified Safe Business and is delighted to have the opportunity to open its doors to a third party who can objectively state that they go out of their way to ensure student satisfaction.

In summary, after our review, Ripoff Report is convinced that Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction. If someone ever finds differently about our members, you contact us.. EDitor@ripoffreport.com

Read more about Ultimate Medical Academys Commitment to Excellence and Total Consumer Satisfaction and why consumers should feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. ..yes, a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

===================== NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

=====================

Ultimate Medical Academy It's all about the money to UMA Clearwater Florida

Ultimate Medical Academy promises a lot, but the promises are empty. When speaking to an advisor before attending classes, one is promised so much. Especially what is underscored is that one would be working in the medical field, where there are always jobs.

The classes were described to me as being six months long for an MCLA (Medical Clinical Lab Assistant). In fact, there are four mods which are about a month long each. So much work is crammed into that time to get students in and out of the school. It is almost like an assembly line. Into school, cram a lot of teaching into a short period, then out on externship.

After the four months of schooling one is given an externship site. For an MCLA, one must extern for 180 hours.

The complaint about the classes crammed together is because a student may have an issue with a medical clinical procedure, but is passed anyways. Other technical schools in the area ensure that all medical clinical procedures are done correctly at least fifteen times before the student may pass the class.

For the amount of money the school charges, the students deserve much better treatment. The faculty should care that the graduates reflect on how the school has trained them.

The cost of the program is expensive. If you are using Federal Student Loans, the school can only get about half of the cost from the government. The rest of the money is out of pocket, paid monthly.

Once one has finished externship the student is on their own. In this difficult economic atmosphere, MCLA jobs require experience and certification. For new graduates, if you are not hired from the externship site, jobs are difficult to find.

The rate of pay for this field, if one is lucky enough in this economic climate, to find a position is $9-$10 an hour.

To summarize, one is put through a factory like assembly line 4 month set of 4 courses. One is promised the moon before signing on the dotted line. One is ON THEIR OWN in this difficult economic climate after school and externship have been completed. The cost of attending this school is just too much money to throw away if one is not able to seek employment.

If being a medical assistant is what one really wants to do, research other schools, or try nursing.

Anonymous Clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultimate-Medical-Academy/Clearwater-Florida-33756/Ultimate-Medical-Academy-online-learning-REVIEW-Ultimate-Medical-Academys-students-can-fe-408077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultimate Medical Academy

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

You are receiving a paycheck from the school. I have more college credits than you will see in your lifetime. Don't think you will bite the hand that feeds you, do you?

We are in a recession. Yet UMA keeps pumping and pumping out students. Eventually, if the students cannot find jobs, it will reflect very badly on the school, and it will be closed down.

People, go to a community college. It is way less expensive than this school. Don't go to private schools. They are ripoffs and shams.

So tell me why

AUTHOR: Missa - (U.S.A.)

The PCT course is more than the MCLA course in Clearwater? And tell me why a course with the exact same content + a CNA class on the end cost less than one without?

And tell me why all I wanted to do was be a CNA (not looking to become a nurse, not looking for riches) and I wasn't even given any information on the course? I was not expecting something for nothing, but I was completely ripped off in every possible way. So now I've got nothing for God only knows how much they're actually trying to charge me now.

I did my externship with an X-ray tech from the Tampa campus and she told me what a nightmare it was.

Should I scan some of the agreements and papers I was given quoting the prices on these courses? You try to tell me I'm incorrect when I have papers signed by the school on the prices of these courses?

Nice try. I'll post them if necessary.

It's more than what you will get from any community college!

AUTHOR: Alias - (U.S.A.)

First and foremost, let me clear the air w/ "Missa" on the PCT/MCLA programs. PCT is actually cheaper than the Medical Asst course - the Medical Asst course is $14,650 and the PCT course is $14,150. So the idea that you believe an admissions rep would try to "sell" you on the more expensive program is false. Secondly, if you were to come into any UMA school asking for nursing asst (b/c somehow you falsely believe that this is the golden paved road to the "nursing" field), I would tell you the course is only 5 weeks and there is no finanicial aid for this program (that's the gov't, not the school's doing) so start shelling out $1300 dollars and by the way, no one hires Nursing Assistants unless they're certified, so be prepared to take the $140 test afterwards and then once you are a CNA, you can look forward to working for NURSING HOMES for $9 an hour. Who wants that??? When yes, it takes more time and money to be a PCT than a Nursing Asst, but the students learn SO much more, earn more, and then can work for hospitals. And fyi - the gov't offers financial aid for PCT program.

Now, for those naysayers who think UMA (which I work for the one in TAMPA, by the way) is just the worst school ever, let's look at what the admissions reps and student services employees deal with. Perhaps, then, you can understand that we do SO much more for our students than any public community college or most private trade schools. I come in contact with students who want the world - meaning, they want short programs, completely free, and they want us to then put them into a career and guarantee them that they will be successful. Yet these same students (most of them but they're are a few exceptions) couldn't handle the rigors of a traditional school with 2 years of math and English and foreign languages and sitting in a class for hours listening to a professor speak at a podium. Heck, most of these students can barely pass a GED test. These same students also don't work, have children, have FELONIES, and have a myriad of lame excuses that stop them from being successful in life (my car broke down, it's too hot outside, my baby's mama keyed my car, etc etc). And yet they want it ALL. Even students who are college educated and working FT jobs seem to believe that becuase we offer an inch of services, they should be able to stretch it into a mile.

I wake up every day knowing that some of these students need a swift kick in the ass to get going, tough love, if you will, and I am here to deliver it. In fact, I may be the only person in this student's life who cares enough to tell them that they are ridiculous if they want the Nursing Asst program to create a better life for them and their kids (b/c they wont - its pays too little) or that they better get it together and realize that college or higher education is NOT free and if you want a handout, you will never get far in life. And I don't care whose cousin/sister/auntie/neighbor told you that there is SO much help out there for single mothers who are not working - that doesnt mean schooling is going to be handed to you on a silver platter.

UMA offers job placement, we can offer leaves of absence if needed, and we only have a 4 day school week, with class times that can fit into almost every schedule. We have smaller classes than most and our teachers care about their students' success. So please save all the whining b/c you cannot take the skills we gave you and turn yourself into a positive aspect of the comuunity. Please talk to the 100s of our graduates that have.

AUTHOR: Missa - (U.S.A.)

I filed the other report on this place. I'm really happy someone else did. I wish I would have discovered this site while I still lived in FL so I could have gotten other classmates to file.

The only good thing about this school was my teacher (Mr. Wally!)

Everything else was pure lies. After so long of looking, I still haven't found a job in the field. The school claims to help you with job placement, but you're really on your own.

I need to go update my report because they actually ripped me off really bad with my financial issues (trying to say I owe them over $20,000 when the MCLA program I was in was only about $11,000).

Good luck in your job search. I had to seek employment elsewhere and am now working in a call center. So much of my time and money has been wasted :[