Complaint Review: Ultimate Power Sales

• Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: Stacy — Aurora Colorado United States of America
Ultimate Power Sales
Buford, Georgia United States of America

Ultimate Power Sales U.S Circulation Corp, Charming door-to-door youth selling magazines for points Buford, Georgia

Two kids in their early twenties came to my door--a girl and a boy.  A neighbor brought them over, so I thought they were friends with her until she said "nice meeting you" before she left.  They were military "brats" who just moved into the area.  They needed to sell magazines to earn points for money for college and a trip to Europe.  They were very sweet and told a bunch of jokes.  In a weak moment, I bought a $60, 2-year subscription that costs only $14.95 through the actual magazine. I'm telling you, the boy especially could sell snow to Eskimos. I talked to my neighbor later, and the boy actually asked her for a beer.  He had asked me for a bottle of water.  Weird, yes?

I don't know what the heck I was thinking, but I just paid $28 to stop the check after reading that so many people were not refunded.  And three business days to cancel is not very long from my part of the country to wherever in Georgia to mail the cancellation slip.  They do not cancel by phone.  It says so on the cancellation slip, and calling only puts you to voicemail.  If I leave a voicemail and no one can return my call in time, I'm screwed anyway.  This whole deal stinks.  They also encourage you to pay cash, whatever you can.  I gave them a dollar and spent another $28 cancelling the $58 check.  To boot, this is a gated community with signs "no soliciting"' on every door.  They got in behind a car, or someone didn't close the walking gate all the way.  Who's the biggest idiot.  It is me.  I guess I'm only out $30 to learn a lesson, and those geeks only got $1 and 15 minutes of my time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultimate-Power-Sales/Buford-Georgia-30515/Ultimate-Power-Sales-US-Circulation-Corp-Charming-door-to-door-youth-selling-magazines-f-774841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultimate Power Sales