Complaint Review: Ultimate Readers' Service

• Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: Linda — Key West Florida United States of America
Ultimate Readers' Service
PO Box 7771747 Lakewood, Ohio United States of America

Ultimate Readers' Service Bait and Switch, Won't cancel subscription Lakewood, Ohio

I signed up with Ultimate Readers' Service because it seemed reasonable.  Shortly after I started rec'ing magazines, I rec'd a call from a rep advising the price was going up.  I told her that I agreed to pay a specific price and I should be grandfathered in until the agreement expires.  She insisted I would have to pay a higher subscription fee, so I told her to cancel the service.  I have since rec'd calls from other reps and a manger asking for payment.  I told them I feel the service pulled a con called "bait and switch."  They got me to sign up for one price, then switched it to a higher fee.  I have, each time they called, told them to cancel the service.  They have sent me a letter stating "we" reached an agreement and "we" could work out a payment schedule.  "We" did not reach an agreement and I refuse to pay for a service which I cancelled.  The problem is with the Ultimate Readers' Service:  they refuse to cancel my subscription even though they have been told to do so several times...and they continue to send me bills.  I want them to stop billing me for a service that I have cancelled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2012 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultimate-Readers-Service/Lakewood-Ohio-33107-0067/Ultimate-Readers-Service-Bait-and-Switch-Wont-cancel-subscription-Lakewood-Ohio-890136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultimate Readers' Service