Complaint Review: Ultra Life Fitness

• Submitted: Mon, July 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, July 12, 2005

• Reported By:Waldo Wisconsin
Ultra Life Fitness
857 West South Jordan Parkway, Suite 201 South Jordan, Utah U.S.A.

Ultra Life Fitness, Ultra P/M RIPOFF, FRAUD, LIARS, THIEFS!!, automatic UNAUTHORIZED charges to my account! do NOT order anything, be sure to check junk mail from them!! South Jordan Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: How to deal with these thieves

After inquiring about Ultra P/M online for a free trial as long as I paid for shipping and handling (4.95), a customer service rep called, after explaining the product and telling me he needed my confirmation before charging my account, I told him that it sounded like a scam and I didn't want anything to do with it, to cancel me out and not even send the 'trial bottle'.

About two weeks later, I received the bottle anyway. I tried calling a bunch of times only to get a 'full mailbox' and no humans working at the place, a human, Nick, finally answered the phone. After explaining to him that I canceled this already, NEVER authorized the account withdrawl, and I SHOULDN'T have even received the bottle, he told me that he can cancel me now and I may as well just take the pills because they couldn't reverse the charge. They also had this 'auto' shipment every month. I told him to be sure I was COMPLETELY canceled out of EVERYTHING, he verified this and gave my a cancelation number. (even though I NEVER authorized the charge in the first place!!!)

Now, I come to find out that my account was charged another $24 for some fitness club. I called again, asking for Nick, and spoke to him. He told me that I needed to go online to cancel the fitness club THAT I WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT!!! I told him that I had ALREADY canceled out of everthing and I wanted that money refunded, NOW. He said it was a different company and that I should've gotten an email from them. First off, THEY NEVER had permission to charge my account, NOW THEY'RE GIVING ACCESS TO 'OTHER COMPANIES'?!! This has GOT to be ILLEGAL!!! And I would like to kow how it is a 'differen't company' when the name 'Ultra Life Fitness, Inc.' is on the damned bottle!!!??? When asked to speak to a supervisor, he said that I would not get a refund and that he was as high up as I could speak to. After demanding several times to speak to a supervisor, he finally told me none were working today and that I needed to call back some other time but that I would not get my money back.

After going back through my inbox, I did see an email sent, but of course I never opened it because I didn't want ANYTHING to do with the company or their product. After just opening it today, I come to find that I was "automatically" signed up unless I contacted them. First off, They should have never had my email address, since it's a 'different company' MUCH LESS MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER!!! Secondly, when I did cancel it today, it wouldn't prorate the charge. It supposedly costs $6/wk to be a member in this online fitness club. THEN WHY AM I BEING CHARGED $24?!!! This CANNOT be legal, or they wouldn't have called to verify, which I did NOT AUTHORIZE, in the first place!!! This company should be SHUT DOWN and they should have to REPAY EVERYONE that they fraudulently STOLE MONEY FROM!!! I cannot believe they haven't been shut down already!!!

Anyone who is reading this, I hope that you read this before ordering anything from them. And, DON'T DO IT, obviously. I wish I would've known they were theifs. I feel back for all the legit companies on the internet who will never get business from people like me who no longer trust companies. I have contacted the fox news station in my state and hope that everyone hears about these con-artists!!! I have also filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Protection Agency of WI. Please, everyone do this who has had the same problem! I hope the owner looses everything he owns from stealing from people like me and others.

By the way, what an awesome site, I have printed out the informaiton found in a different persons complaint to go about the process of disputing the charges through my bank. Thank you for helping out people like me by informing us of how we can fight back. I refuse to allow these or any THIEF to steal my hard earned money! AND did you notice, every rebutal from the company doesn't even make sense!?! I will be sure to ALWAYS check this site and to tell EVERYONE I KNOW about it. Cudos to the consumer advocated who have begun this service! I hope not another person gets ripped off by Ultra Life Fitness or the Ultra P/M 'dog pills' as one fella put it. :)

M
Waldo, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2005 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultra-Life-Fitness/South-Jordan-Utah-84095/Ultra-Life-Fitness-Ultra-PM-RIPOFF-FRAUD-LIARS-THIEFS-automatic-UNAUTHORIZED-charg-149323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultra Life Fitness

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to deal with these thieves

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

After speaking with a member service rep. from my bank, she informed me that the company is taking the money as a 'point of sale' and it cannont be reversed. (Of course, when the bank tried to call, they couldn't get a human on the phone either, only a full mail box, IMAGINE THAT!!!!)

The ONLY thing that you can do to protect yourself if you've already been getting stole from by this company is to close your bank account and open a new one. ALSO, BE SURE to have the banker put a WARNING on your account to watch for this company and to NOT accept charges from them... Everyone needs to contact the Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Protection Agency in your state to put a stop to this company...good luck!!!