Complaint Review: Ultralife Fitness aka. E Curves - Tru Genix - PM Burner

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2005

• Reported By:Columbia South Carolina
Ultralife Fitness aka. E Curves - Tru Genix - PM Burner
857 West South Jordan Parkway #201 South Jordan, Utah U.S.A.

Ultralife Fitness aka. E Curves - Tru Genix - PM Burner False Advertising, RIP OFF, Fraudulent refund practice, WHAT Customer service South Jordan Utah

Like many of you, in November of 2005 I was suckered into the lure of the email advertisement to get some "FREE" vitamins to try. And like many of those offers, I hesitated, but had dealt with some reputable similar offers in the past that worked out great. This time however, after clicking the "I agree" and "Yes, send me my "FREE" vitamins" I was then shown a receipt of payment with an entire page of additionals offers I had just signed up for including a membership to E Curves, continued delivery of the vitamins, Fitness DVD's, fitness consultant and more for a monthly fee.

Because I had not realized I had signed up for all this, I immediately picked up the phone to cancel my order. Not only did they tell me the order had already been processed (in less than 10 minutes they had received the order put my name and address on the vitamins box and sent it to the UPS. Somehow I think that impossible). I asked them to then just cancel everything else on my card and to not charge me anything else. He told me that everything had been canceled, but did not give me a cancellation number.

EVEN then, I knew this was a scam. I hung the phone up and called my bank and asked them to look into the charge - they told me there was really nothing they could do until they charged me again and then I could dispute the charge.

After that I just put it to rest, never received the free vitamins and thought I had taken care of everything. Low and behold today (Dec. 20), I received an e-curves newsletter and a DVD from them. I again IMMEDIATELY picked up the phone and called to dispute this transaction with them. I spoke to a woman gave her all the information and she informed me that I had not gone through the proper channels to cancel my membership. I again asked her to cancel everything and refund my money - she refused.

I have written a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I suggest all of you file a complaint through the BBB and take action against this company.

These types of companies make other legitimate, honest online companies look bad and create a stigma for online purchases. Companies like this need to be stopped!

Mary
Columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2005 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultralife-Fitness-aka-E-Curves-Tru-Genix-PM-Burner/South-Jordan-Utah-84095/Ultralife-Fitness-aka-E-Curves-Tru-Genix-PM-Burner-False-Advertising-RIP-OFF-Fraudu-168703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultralife Fitness aka. E Curves - Tru Genix - PM Burner

Baker