Complaint Review: Under Wraps

• Submitted: Tue, February 27, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 27, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Under Wraps
1957 W Dunlap Ave Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 602-674-8179
  • Web:
  • Category: Deli's

Under Wraps ripoff Regular customers receive miserable treatment from acting manager Phoenix Arizona

Lunchtime on Tuesday, February 27, 2007

We had become regular customers. Usual manager was out of town. "acting" manager did not call my name when food was ready. Meal was cold because it sat on the counter for a while. Got a half-hearted apology, but had to listen to her excuses.

Food was greasy and unsatisfying.

"Acting" manager forgot to put avocado on my wife's sandwich, as was ordered. After the crowd cleared, I went to the counter to discuss the problem with her. With a very snide look, she exclaimed "What"!" while washing some disches.

I said I'd wait until she was done washing to discuss the issue. Instead of coming to me, she then walked away and did other things. I had to track her down again. I simply asked "did we get charged for the avocado?" To which she replied "No", and made a bunch of excuses again.

My wife and I left, giving almost-full our frequent shopper cards to some people sitting there.

Later, my wife called to get a refund. The same "acting" manager answered the phone. She arrogantly said "you were with that rude guy", and then, "yeah, come in and I'll give you your money back (but wouldn't credit the amount back to our credit card over the pohne), but you are never to show your faces in this restaurant again." And then the little witch hung up on my wife.

This was all a series of their mistakes and arrogant situations. We paid way too much money for the poor quality bilge they served today. Then, there is no excuse for that "acting" manager's arrogance and beligerence.

You can get much better food, for a more reasonable price, and be treated better at many of the restaurants in this city.

Poor food quality, arrogance & disrespect - the "acting manager" gave us cold food, acted indifferent when I complained about our food sitting - got cold. She avoided me later when she forgot avocado on my wife's sandwich. My wife called for a refund. Same "acting manager" said she'd give us our money back if we never come back.

Robert
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2007 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Under-Wraps/Phoenix-Arizona-85021/Under-Wraps-ripoff-Regular-customers-receive-miserable-treatment-from-acting-manager-Phoen-237245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Under Wraps