Complaint Review: UnderCover Cedar Pet Houses

• Updated: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Reported By: Brad — Austin Texas
UnderCover Cedar Pet Houses
Boularderie CB, Nova Scotia Canada

UnderCover Cedar Pet Houses Daniel MacDonald Sent wrong item and then intentionally did nothing Boularderie CB Nova Scotia

*Author of original report: It was a misunderstanding

I just want everyone to know I received one of these outdoor cat houses recently. I ordered a small house with the 9"x12" heating pad option. The house was fine, built very well despite the fact that it was missing two pre-drilled holes on one side. However, I received a heating pad that measured 14"x18", clearly too large for the accompanying house. I contacted them for three days by phone and email, and never heard back until today, when I got this response from the owner:

Hello Brad ,

My name is Danny MacDonald. I am the owner of UnderCover Pet Houses. I am writing to let you know that I will be handling any further correspondence regarding your order from Tick-n-Thistle.

It seems like the wrong pad was sent but we will leave things just as is. If there is anything else please let me know.

Danny
UnderCover Cedar Pet Houses

Well if that just isn't the finest example of customer service you've ever seen, then I don't know what is. So BUYER BEWARE! Also note that the difference in price between a heated and non-heated house is $66. The same 9"x12" heating pad can be had on amazon for about $35. Good luck everybody!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UnderCover-Cedar-Pet-Houses/Boularderie-CB-Nova-Scotia/UnderCover-Cedar-Pet-Houses-Daniel-MacDonald-Sent-wrong-item-and-then-intentionally-did-n-1106627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UnderCover Cedar Pet Houses

It was a misunderstanding

AUTHOR: Brad - ()

Please ignore my initial post.  The owner thought I had purchased a larger sized pet house that the bigger heating pad would have fit into, which is why he said they would leave everything as is.  He did not receive my email stating the heated pad was too big for the house, because he was not forwarded that email from the distributor which had recently gone out of business.

All in all, it was an unfortunate misunderstanding.  The company is now sending me the smaller 9"x12" heated pad.  I would delete my initial report but the website will not let me take it down.  The cat houses are amazing, my cat uses it all the time!