Complaint Review: Undercover Auto Recovery

Undercover Auto Recovery
Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Undercover Auto Recovery NIGHTMARE TOWING COMPANY!! Minneapolis Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: AUTO REPOSSESSION

This tow truck company picks up my car due to a mistake that Universal Acceptance Corp, also out of Minneapolis, made on my car payment. I had only had the vehicle for three weeks and they mistakenly repo'd my car. Anyway, that's a different story. The tow truck picks the vehicle up from the front of the car, not sure how, since the car was parked up against a brick wall, but after hooking it up, they knock on my door and I go out there asking them what they think their doing. They say they have orders to pick it up and I tell them there is a mistake and to call the bank. This is at 8:30pm on Wednesday night. They tell me the bank is closed and to get my things out of my car. I look at the front end of the car and it has a huge crack down the front of the ground effects and ask them what they did. The guy says that I must have hit a curb.

After the bank figures out that this was a mistake, the vehicle was ordered back to me the next day. I live in the boonys so I am unable to get my daughter to school or get to work. The car finally arrives at 6:40pm by a new tow truck driver, same company, just new driver. The driver was very nice and asked me to sign a release stating that the car was in the same condition as when it was picked up. I explained the situation to him and told him that I would not sign the release. That was fine, he left me with the keys. I then get in the car to run my arreands for the day and the vehicle does not start. At this point I am REALLY MAD. I call and tell the tow truck lady in the office to send the driver back to give me a jump. She says she doesnt know what I expect from them since I had the police come out and kick the driver off of my property. I thought she was confusing me with someone else, but no, this was some ridiculous story the tow truck driver made up. I told her she can call and confirm with the police dept that they were not called out for any reason. Why would I call them? I was getting my vehicle back? She says she will be more than happy to go to court with me about the damages to my vehicle, because I would have to drive over two hours to the courthouse to file in court. I told her that's ok, I will contact the Better Business Bureau. THIS COMPANY IS SERIOUSLY SCREWED UP!

Julie c
Mora, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2007 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Undercover-Auto-Recovery/Minneapolis-Minnesota/Undercover-Auto-Recovery-NIGHTMARE-TOWING-COMPANY-Minneapolis-Minnesota-278741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Undercover Auto Recovery

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTO REPOSSESSION

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

What the consumer hasn't mentioned was in fact, a complant was filed by consumer and an investigation was done by BBB of MN and a letter from the repair shop of her choice stating that it was pre-existing damages and not done by an auto load tow truck and therefore, case was closed out.