Complaint Review: Underwater Adventures Dive Center Millburn NJ-Paul Mickel

• Updated: Mon, August 12, 2013

• Reported By: Unhappy Customer — Point Pleasant New Jersey
Underwater Adventures Dive Center Millburn NJ-Paul Mickel
508 Millburn Ave Millburn, New Jersey USA

Underwater Adventures Dive Center Millburn NJ-Paul Mickel Paul Mickel Steer Clear of this Place!! Millburn New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Confusing and incomplete

I paid Underwater Adventures, Short Hills NJ for classes and open water dives last fall, but when to get my certification with someone else on a vacation. As I didn't get certified, I asked the owner, Paul Mickel if I could do my dives with them, he tried to milk me for some additional money on a make-up class instead of offering it to me free and taking responsibility for my failure. I didn't have money so I bailed on this expensive make-up course which he offered me son magnanimously. laster after I had saved up the money, I contacted him again saying I was willing to take the course so that I could do the dives with him. He just threw a totally unpforessional hissy-fit and flat out refused to take me for the open water dives, even though I had paid for it.Once he gets your money, he doesn't want anything to do with you. He is like a phoney-used car salesman.Stay away from this place and this guy because he will rob you blind and has no conscience whatsover.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Underwater-Adventures-Dive-Center-Millburn-NJ-Paul-Mickel-/Millburn-New-Jersey-07041/Underwater-Adventures-Dive-Center-Millburn-NJ-Paul-Mickel-Paul-Mickel-Steer-Clear-of-th-1075008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Underwater Adventures Dive Center Millburn NJ-Paul Mickel

Confusing and incomplete

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

"I paid Underwater Adventures, Short Hills NJ for classes and open water dives last fall, but when to get my certification with someone else on a vacation. As I didn't get certified, I asked the owner, Paul Mickel if I could do my dives with them, he tried to milk me for some additional money on a make-up class instead of offering it to me free and taking responsibility for my failure. I didn't have money so I bailed on this expensive make-up course which he offered me son magnanimously. laster after I had saved up the money, I contacted him again saying I was willing to take the course so that I could do the dives with him. He just threw a totally unpforessional hissy-fit and flat out refused to take me for the open water dives, even though I had paid for it.Once he gets your money, he doesn't want anything to do with you."

Your report is very confusing and there seems to be some facts left out. What does it mean by "but when to get my certification with someone else on a vacation"? it is not a sentence! Does it mean that you took a certificate test from someone else who is NOT from Underwater Adventures? Or did you take a test with him?

Then all the sudden, you said "As I didn't get certified" which seems to indicate that you FAILed the test. Why would the Underwater Adventures be responsible for your failure? I do not understand how you can think or believe that your own failure is someone else's responsibility??? So, if you fail a class at school when you take a test with either the teacher or a proctor (not the teacher), you would blame your teacher? That does not sound right.

After that you said "laster after I had saved up the money, I contacted him again saying I was willing to take the course so that I could do the dives with him. He just threw a totally unpforessional hissy-fit and flat out refused to take me for the open water dives ...," this does not make sense because there is NO reason for him to NOT accept you back. What really did happen when you first declined his offer for "extra course"? I believe you either had an argument or a fight with him. The argument/fight could be either when you declined his offer the first time or when you asked him to take the course for the second time.

After all, your story does NOT make sense, and it is both incoherent and incomplete. If you are going to report something, be clear and complete. Don't play a victim or omit certain part of the fact in order to make yourself look good. If you get caught, people will no longer believe whatever you said any longer.