Complaint Review: Unicity Paint & Body

Unicity Paint & Body
154 Maple Street North Winnipeg, Manitoba United States of America

Unicity Paint & Body Poor workmanship, Poor customer service Winnipeg, Manitoba

*Consumer Comment: Super Satisfied - Great Work and Customer Service

*Author of original report: Unicity Paint & Body Winnipeg NOT recommended.

I took my car to this body shop for rocker panel replacement and paint.

The workmanship is poor. I ended up taking my car back to them several times to correct poor workmanship. The paint even started to flake after about 1 week. I spoke with the manager, "Dave" directly. He is very rude and would not apologize for my inconvenience. He made me feel like it was my fault and even tried to tell me that I must have chipped the paint with my seat belt.

I would rather take my car to another body shop and PAY to have their POOR workmanship fixed.

I will never return to this company and would advise all potential customers to take your vehicle elsewhere for body work and paint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2012 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unicity-Paint-Body/Winnipeg-Manitoba-R2W-3L2/Unicity-Paint-Body-Poor-workmanship-Poor-customer-service-Winnipeg-Manitoba-988959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unicity Paint & Body

Super Satisfied - Great Work and Customer Service

AUTHOR: NathanZassman - (Canada)

I have been doing business with Unicity for over 20 years. The owner is a wonderful individual, who always does his best to ensure you are pleased. I've purchased vehicles from Unicity that were an excellent value, and recently brought my 1 year old Subaru in for some minor paint and repair (Autopac). I had loss of use insurance with Autopac, and had a rental car

When the vehicle was finished, I noticed that the color wasn't an exact match. It's not always easy to see color changes, as the vehicle has many different angles, and the color will vary based on the way light hits the car.  The owner, Dave, wasn't there at the time I picked up the car, but his employee, who was from England, was very professional, and told me he would do some "paint-outs" to match the color better, and that I should bring the car back the following Monday.

The next day, the owner, Dave, visited me at my place of business, as he wanted to personally view the color issue, and he agreed they could improve on the color match.

I brought the vehicle back the following Monday. This time, rather than renting another vehicle, I was given a free loaner by Unicity, to drive until I received my Subaru back.

The car was ready on Thursday, but I wasn't able to pick it up until Friday morning. I met with the painter (the fellow from England). He told me that they were having trouble matching the color, so they sent the original bumper (the part of the vehicle that was being replaced) to a company to do a paint match.

The color was 'bang on," and looked exactly the same as the paint on the rest of the vehicle. The job was beautifully done.

I like the fact that I can speak with the owner and the painter (larger companies would not be so easy to work with), and that they clearly wouldn't allow me to be unhappy with their work.

Unicity is a small company, perhaps not as elegant a facility as some companies, but they do incredible work.

Highly recommended.

Unicity Paint & Body Winnipeg NOT recommended.

AUTHOR: Kellman - (Canada)

Unicity Paint & Body Winnipeg is not recommended.

Stay away from this company.

Better Business Bureau report here: