Complaint Review: Unifund CCR Partners, LLC

• Updated: Sun, September 09, 2012

• Reported By: Valeree — Long Beach California United States of America
Unifund CCR Partners, LLC
10625 Techwoods Circle Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Unifund CCR Partners, LLC Unifund UNIFUND SCAM, IT'S NOT EVEN MY DEBT! Cincinnati, Ohio

In April 2012, we decided to refinance our home.  The lender told us that a lien had been placed on our home.  We had never had any services of any kind done on the home, so we didn't understand who had placed the lien.  Then, about 2-3 months ago we received a letter from Unifund CCR , LLC addressed to Robert A. Allen, that said we owed them $22,934.17 as of July 25, 2012.

Even the date on their letter was a lie, as I responded to their letter with my own dispute letter and mailed it out Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested on July 20, 2012, and it was accepted by Unifund's Erik Lang, on July 23, 2012!  I requested that Unifund provide me with the name of the creditor whom I owed, a copy of any judgment they had against me, and proof that they are licensed to collect debts in California.  I received another letter, dated August 23, 2012, which only included a copy of an AT&T Universal Card/Citibank Card bill with a balance in the amount of $11,440.00.  I never received any information regarding a judgment or whether or not they are licensed to collect in California.

As other websites have instructed, I contacted Citibank NA with the account number for this bill, to find any pertinent information regarding the true owner of this debt.  I spoke with 2 representatives from Citibank, whose names I have recorded; one was even from the Citifraud Early Warning Security Department, and neither could find any financial information for either the account number or the address that the bill is linked to.

I have now responded to Unifund's second letter, reported to them that I have contacted Citibank, and stated that they are unable to verify the account/account number as valid!  I demanded that they send me all documents that validate their claim, and that those documents they send me must include a valid agreement containing my signature, and a detailed explanation of how they arrived at the figure they claim I owe.

Now, I am looking for a Consumer's Rights attorney that will take this good case on a contingency basis!  I have read many horror stories regarding the sketchy antics of this company, and I'm not willing to go down without a fight, especially because, IT'S NOT MY DEBT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2012 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unifund-CCR-Partners-LLC/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242/Unifund-CCR-Partners-LLC-Unifund-UNIFUND-SCAM-ITS-NOT-EVEN-MY-DEBT-Cincinnati-Ohio-938762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unifund CCR Partners, LLC