Complaint Review: Unifund CCR Partners

• Submitted: Mon, January 07, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2008

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Unifund CCR Partners
unifund.com Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Unifund CCR Partners I received a summons from Unifund on a debt that was paid Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: nasty sum suckers

A person came to my home over the weekend and handed me a summons to appear in court in regards to a debt that first was with Providian Bank back in 2000 when I first established the credit cards, yes I had two. I ended up losing my job and couldn't pay the bills, but I finally settled those debts in 2002 with a collection agency for $800.00. I never heard anything from any companies until the other day when I get this summons saying I am being sued for $1500.00 by this Unifund company. I have no idea what to do. I pulled my credit report and as plain as day, there it is showing on there but I was never notified.

I am now an unemployed single mom and have no way of paying this and would not want to when I already paid these off. I need some legal advise but don't know where or who to call because I am broke. Should I contact the previous collection agency I paid because they show the one credit card paid off but not the other one that I am being sued for?

Kim
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2008 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unifund-CCR-Partners/Cincinnati-Ohio/Unifund-CCR-Partners-I-received-a-summons-from-Unifund-on-a-debt-that-was-paid-Cincinnati-297756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unifund CCR Partners

#1 Consumer Suggestion

nasty sum suckers

AUTHOR: Confused - (U.S.A.)

my best advice to you is to file a complaint with your attorney generals, the bbb, the federal trade commission, department of commerce,all in your state.. and try to at your local court house... i was served back in dec of 06 and nothing has ever came of it.. i still dont know to this day what is going on with it, but you need to find out if it is past the sol to see if they can even collect on it, and yes try and find any paper work at all that says you paid them.. all the complaints you file will want copies of the stuff you have.. i even know of a lady here in my home town that was served papers and she went to court and the attorney for unifund never showed up... they are scum suckersa nd they need to go out and get real jobs like the rest of us.. get your reports in ASAP... best of luck to you...