• Report: #572016

Complaint Review: Unifund Corp.

• Submitted: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Web:
  • Category:

Unifund Corp. Predatory Cinncinati , Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Get another lawyer

Unifund purchased a charged-off credit card debt for pennies on the dollar and now they are going after me for more than triple the amount of ny original debt.  The law firm that is representing them is also seeking to have expenses covered.

They are taking me to court.  I find it outrageous that they can get away with this.
Do they even really own this debt? My requests for the original contract were ignored
until the day before we appeared in court; it is completely illegible and basically proves nothing.

To make matters worse, I went to the court house as instructed and they defaulted me; I was there and never heard my name called so I immediately filled out the form to have the default removed.

The attorney that I have consulted is in the middle of a class-action lawsuit against them; he is also involved in a class-action law suit against the law firm that is representing them!!!! (Kream and Kream)

He just told me that I do not have enough evidence to make a case and suggested that I declare bankruptcy.  I know others have been scammed by them; can someone please give me some words of wisdom???

Thanks,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2010 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unifund-Corp/Cinncinati-Ohio-45242/Unifund-Corp-Predatory-Cinncinati-Ohio-572016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unifund Corp.

Get another lawyer

AUTHOR: Sick of Scammers - ()

Find another lawyer. They have broken many of the FDCPA laws. Search Google for FDCPA. Document anything and everything that any scumbag collection agent says or does. Write down dates, names, what they said, what they did, any mail they send you should be certified in order for them to prove they sent it, collection agencies are famous for claiming they sent you something and you never receive it.

A good lawsuit and a way to get the debt erased all depends on the documentation you have. I cannot stress that enough ... Document Document Document.

And oh yes, find out if recording a call is legal in your state. A quick Google will get you tons of information or laws or lawyers in your area.

slipped