Complaint Review: Union Institute And University

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By:atlanta Georgia
Union Institute And University
Cincinatti, OH Nationwide U.S.A.

Union Institute And University Completely unethical and a ripoff! Cincinnati OH

*Consumer Comment: Union Institute & University

*Consumer Comment: Are you talking about the right school?

*Consumer Comment: Union Institute

Union left me with 28K in debt, no degree and of course a collections proceeding and legal fees for me so that I can defend myself. I've been paying the student loan, money I borrowed to complete a degree. All I got for my trouble was the run-around.

The registrar and business offices of the college are completely inept. They never log in materials the first time or on time. I believe the college exists to collect as much money as possible and keep students in school as long as possible until they either give up or graduate (which does happen).

I completed all that I was supposed to complete--turned in my documents on time and well written. However, due to changing rules about which I was not informed, I was put on financial aid hold for failure to progress in my Learning agreement. I have three of these; three not because the first were incorrectly done, but because there are few to no guidelines on writing it. So, worked with my Core to shorten it. I even found the only professor in the country who had worked on my area and gotten her to be on my committee, but I could not get the Learning Agreement approved.

When I withdrew form school because I could smell a complete ruse, they charged me anyway for a part of the term.

This is the worst excuse for a college I have ever been engaged in. I strongly suggest that you think twice about attending. The school has plenty of lawsuits against it, not to mention on from the Dept of Ed which sued them for 1 million and made them change some of the ways they handle financial aid.

Melissa
atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2007 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Union-Institute-And-University/nationwide/Union-Institute-And-University-Completely-unethical-and-a-ripoff-Cincinnati-OH-294610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Union Institute And University

Union Institute & University

AUTHOR: Julian F R - ()

I got my BA, M.ED., and now ED.D from Union and I could not be happier with the program, I'm not sure what school some of you are going to but Union is not what you described.

Are you talking about the right school?

AUTHOR: Pookyphi22 - (United States of America)

I don't know what school you went to, but I went to Union and it was great. They actually took the time to work with me and go through all of my past college credits and certificates to get me as many transfer credits as possible. Good luck getting that kind of service from Kaplan, Pheonix, or even Sac State! Pheonix wanted me to pay $20,000 more for the same degree that I got at Union, and Kaplan was no better. In fact, Kaplan told me my prior credits from ten years before had expired. College credits never expire! I don't know what happened with your situation, but I have never heard of any problems with Union from my friends of family that went and are going there. I am sorry, but maybe you did not advance in your learning because your writing is not very good.

Union Institute

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

Interesting. I had never heard of Union Institute and University until now, so I did a little research. It seems this university is listed as one of US News and World Reports Best Colleges of 2008. It appears that someone is mistaken. I suppose I will have to do some more investigating in order to find out which one is right.