Complaint Review: Union Plus Credit Card - HSBC

• Submitted: Mon, January 04, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, January 05, 2010

• Reported By: Jeanne — Beecher Illinois U.S.A.
Union Plus Credit Card - HSBC

Union Plus Credit Card - HSBC - HSBC Bank APR Fraud! "We'll lower your APR after six consecutive ON-TIME payments....LIE! Internet

My complaint is in regards to Union Plus Credit Card, or HSBC Bank Nevada.  We were told at the end of 2009 that if we paid our credit card minimum payment every month on time, our APR which is in the 20's% would go down to 14.99%.  December came, payments on time July-Dec. 2009, now they say no, that couldn't be!!!!!  They flat out lied telling us this, we busted our butts making this on-time payment even though my husband is basically out of work.  We even used this cc for payments during Dec. knowing our APR would significantly decrease.  Now it's Jan. '10 and they're beating around the bush coming up with excuses to not lower it.  This is highway robbery and something needs to be done about this ASAP.

First they ask what date and time the call was placed, who I spoke with, why this Rep. would've given us this figure (which we were told it was our beginning APR way back when), etc.  Looking for any route to deny it.  Then they tell us their APR has to do with our credit history with OTHER companies...we only have 1 other credit card and that's a gas card!!  They're seeking ways to deny what we were told and get out of lowering our APR.

We are barely able to provide for ourselves, and Christmas came, we have 2 children, we knew our APR would be lowered, hence the reason we used this CC even at all!  You can clearly see that we NEVER use our cc...so why would we have used it at all in Dec. if we were not told about our decreasing APR?!  Feel free to look into our account.This company needs to uphold their end of the bargain and do as they said they'd do!!  As far as I know, every company out there, 6 months of on-time payments, the APR is lowered.  It is 1-4-10, 6:01pm Central Standard Time, and I am currently waiting for a "floor manager" to call me back to discuss this APR mess.  Please help.

Their Floor Manager did call back, stating there was nothing they could do, that we received a letter a couple months ago in regards to rising APRs, etc.  If we didnt agree with it, we could close our account or deal with it.  He also found the phone records from the call I had where they told me 6 months of paying on time would result in a lower APR of 14.99%.  That letter should have NOTHING to do with what I was told, period.  They flat-out lied and should be penalized for this!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2010 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Union-Plus-Credit-Card-HSBC/internet/Union-Plus-Credit-Card-HSBC-HSBC-Bank-APR-Fraud-Well-lower-your-APR-after-six-co-549804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Union Plus Credit Card - HSBC