• Report: #320550

• Reported By:Hemet California
Union Trust Financial
2656 Rainbow Blvd Jasper, British Columbia Canada

Union Trust Financial Final Notice Jasper British Columbia

I received a letter from Union Trust stating that they were pleased to inform me that I was one of the third category winnenrs in the Mega Millions Draw held on April 21st, 2007. My receipt serial number is 387-45014AL which I supposedly received when I purchased a sweepstakes ticket.drawiing the number 22-87-76-44-24. I NEVER PURCHASED A SWEEPSTAKES TICKET.

The letter goes on to say that I am entitled to the sum of US $250,000.00 payable by band draft, or certified cheque and will be delivered tome by special courier company. Enclosed is a check of US3,800.00 which has been deducted from my winnings, this money is to be used to pay the Tax Clearance Fees

I am suppose to send $2,885.00 US dollars to: Sharon Thomas, 406-5836 Broad Street, Mission, BC Canada via western union or moneygram. It does advise me to contact my assigned claims agent Betty Taylor as soon as I received this notification at 1-778-862-8558 to begin the claims process.

I contacted Almo Corporation who let me know this was a scam and not to cash the check, they also let me listen to their message about how someone stold their company idenity. I also contacted Citizens Bank in Philadelphia, PA to verify funds and they told me there were zero dollars in that account. I called Betty Taylor and told her I cashed the check and she advised me to send the funds to Sharon Thomas at the address listed on the letter.

Once I went to western union I was to call her back and she would give me a tracking number so that I could track the funds if I do not receive them by Thursday which would be March 27, 2007.

I called her back to get the tracking number and she wanted to know what the reference number was and I made up one and gave it to her, she then stated to call her back in a half hour. I will not be callinig her back.

This is fraud and anyone who does not investigate is crazy, anyone who does not file a complaint against this company or these people are crazy as they are liars and cheats.

Sherri
Hemet, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2008 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Union-Trust-Financial/Jasper-British-Columbia/Union-Trust-Financial-Final-Notice-Jasper-British-Columbia-320550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Union Trust Financial