Complaint Review: United Air Comfort - United Restoration

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, January 13, 2004

• Reported By:florissant,63033 Missouri
United Air Comfort - United Restoration
5821 N. Andrews Way Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

United Air Comfort Or United Restoration ripoff deceptive technician or just plain stupid, lack of training Ft. Lauderdale Florida

United air comfort sent us Mr Sedgwick to give us an estimate on heating and air conditioning. This technician must not know what he was doing or he just did not care if he is doing it right or not.

He gave us an estimate to install an electric furnace and air condition for $3900.00. To make the story short, he installed the unit with faulty duct work. He should have known that if those duct work is in working condition. They are the professional. And the other thing they have done according to the other company i called to diagnos the problem is is to furnish and install 20 k w heater in existing unit.

I called the company and i was told to get an estimate from another company, why another company? Because i was told that they no longer anymore technician in our area. They told me to fax it to Angela Dougherty. I did. Never heard from her . I kept calling , leaving message on her voice mail. She did not return my call.

Luckilly, i finally got a hold of her. I asked her if she receive those documents i faxed her. She said yes. I have an estimate for the duct work of $1477.00 and the 20kw electric heaterin existing unit for $577.00. She daid they are only going to reimburse me for the $577.00. I did not agree with her. I told her they are responsible for everything.

I did not have to spend $2100, to update our breaker box if we just go ahead with a gas furnace or a boiler. But Mark Sedgwick suggested to install an electric furnace up in the attic, he said since there are already some existing duct work up in the attic. He said everything up ther was good. He should have known better that those duct work is not going to work . I called three heating and air conditioning company and they all told me that those duct work are not in working condtion.

My house is up for sale, and we need to get this fix before i can sell our house. By the way we never live in this house. This is a fixer upper, so we do not know that those duct work is not good. We are just relying this so called professional idiots.

Nelia
florissant,63033, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2004 10:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Comfort-United-Restoration/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/United-Air-Comfort-Or-United-Restoration-ripoff-deceptive-technician-or-just-plain-stupid-76992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Comfort - United Restoration