Complaint Review: United Air Comfort

• Submitted: Mon, August 23, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 23, 2004

• Reported By:san diego California
United Air Comfort
400 Fairway Drive, Suite 102, Fairfield, Florida U.S.A.

United Air Comfort Inc. rip-off! I was overcharged for a shoddy job and shipped parts which don't work. Fairfield Florida

I called this company to clean my airduct system. The technicians kept showing me stuff which was either not meeting industry standards or was worn out. I was supposed to pay $ 150 initially but ended up paying $ 500, THRICE the specified amount, and the work was supposedly guaranteed. Two days later, I call the local number to get some part fixed and the company has CLOSED its branch in the state. So now, I am worse off than before.

Surprisingly I got the filter I had paid for in the mail two weeks later. Only it was not the right size. When i called the 888 number, teh representative told me that i wont get a refund if the price is not specified in the invoice. I was taken in by the company and paid a heavy price for my ignorance. I hope someone reads this and avoids getting cheated by this bogus company.

san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2004 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Comfort/Fairfield-Florida-33441/United-Air-Comfort-Inc-rip-off-I-was-overcharged-for-a-shoddy-job-and-shipped-parts-whic-104970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Comfort