Complaint Review: United Air Comfort

• Submitted: Thu, April 19, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, May 27, 2003

• Reported By:Bellevue WA
United Air Comfort
5821 N. Andrews Way Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

United Air Comfort, lousy furnace/duct cleaning job, ridiculously high prices

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: total scam of a company

On Friday March 2, 2001, I was charged $999.12 for a furnace/duct clean job that took less than 2 hours. The furnace was dirty, I was ignorant of the furnace business and trusting in nature, so I believed the technician when he quoted me the price and signed the invoice. When I explained the situation to some colleagues, they told me that I had been scammed -- that a furnace cleaning should not cost that much. I have since had two duct cleaning and furnace service professionals come to my home to inspect my furnace. They confirmed that (1) the price was high (2) the UAC technician either did not perform at all some of the work listed in the invoice (such as duct cleaning or sanitizing), or did not perform some of the work properly (furnace cleaning). They have written reports and are willing to be a witness in this case. The company who did the work was United Air Comfort (UAC).

I made the appointment with the company after seeing an ad in Seattle Post Intelligencer, which quoted $29 for a 12 POINT FURNACE TUNE-UP that will guarantee that I will (1) have cleaner, fresher air in my home (2) save at least $29 in lower gas and electric bills over 6 months (3) be given a 6 month warranty. However the technician told me the $29 only covered the visual inspection of my furnace to determine what needs to be done.

I have talked to Mr. Alan Cochran of UAC regarding this matter, but he has denied any wrongdoings. I have also complained to the Better Business Bureau and the Washington Attorney General's Office. So far this matter has not been resolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Comfort/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/United-Air-Comfort-lousy-furnaceduct-cleaning-job-ridiculously-high-prices-4958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Comfort

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

total scam of a company

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

Being a former employee i am suprised that this company is still in business AND growing. Not only do they rip off the customer they rip off their employees.

They are sending out un-trained and un- licened "technicians" to preform poor quality repairs. I could only imagine how much referigerant is released into our environment.

I have seen employees selling parts that are not only needed but had no clue as to what this part did, really.

One of their funnier scams is the "high efficency start up kit"

To the consumer,,,beware of any company that comes to your house in their personal vehilce to preform work.

This company has an insanely low pay plan that in my opinion leads to the technician to rip off customers.

I'm a very honest person and would never rip anyone off, so I couldn't make a living at this joke of a company.

My advice is to not do business with these people. The only reason they have low price coupons in the papers is to get their foot in your home to rip you off.