• Report: #92094

• Submitted: Wed, May 19, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 19, 2004

• Reported By:Crownsville Maryland
United Air Comfort
5821 N. Andrews Way Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

United Air Comfort Aka United Restoration ripoff... Employee solicited private business and took our money Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

I'm not sure what kind of job the guy did since I wasn't home at the time, but my husband was. What I thought was going to cost us little, ended up costing much more.

The air duct cleaning guy, GLENN ORNDORFF, solicted his private business to us and said that he did hauling and landscaping and he asked us to pay him up front for the work and that he'd be back the following day or by the weekend. My husband gave him $150 to do the work, he thought it was very nice of him to offer. Then GLENN proceeded to say he did the air duct cleaning on the side so if we had anyone to refer to him to do that. I guess he was stealing customers from the company.

Well, GLENN gave us a business card of his,and wrote his cellphone number on the back. That number worked (but the others on the card didn't) so when he NEVER showed up by that weekend I called him on the cell to find out when he'd be able to come and do the work THAT HE WAS ALREADY PAID FOR. He said he was real busy but he'd get back to me shortly. After 3 months of calling him constantly we gave up.

We couldn't find the receipt from the company he did the air duct cleaning for, until just last night (1 year later). Now, I plan to contact them to tell them what GLENN is doing on the side, and either try to get our money back or at least get him in trouble as he deserves. I've tried to call the phone number on the receipt for United Air Comfort but it does not work. This is pretty fishy to me!!

All I can say is "GLENN if you are out there, I sure hope the bad guys catch up to you".

Stephanie
Crownsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2004 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Comfort/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/United-Air-Comfort-Aka-United-Restoration-ripoff-Employee-solicited-private-business-an-92094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Comfort