Complaint Review: United Air Comfort

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2003

• Reported By:Glendale Arizona
United Air Comfort
400 Ripoff Drive Deerfield Beach FL Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

United Air Comfort Manager Pay Scandal. Ripoff! Phoenix Arizona

When I worked for United, shortly after my hire, the system of compensation was changed from 25% comission to $8 per hour for NEW TECHS, and $15 per hour for experienced ones. I was satisfied with this considering all I supposedly had to do is get "EPA certified" to go to $12 per hour. I was informed by my manager Bill after three days that I was going to be getting paid $8 per hour from then until I was EPA'd.

I was satisfied with that, and went on for 2 weeks, until my first check arrived, and was shocked to find I was paid for about 15 hours of work at $5.15/hr, when I had worked over 50 hours in just one week. Outraged I brought it up to the manager, who said he had already taken care of it through "corporate", and that I would have it all, including the $8/hr on my next check.

The next check came, and I was paid for 18 hours at $5.15/hr again. I was furious at this and confronted it. I was told it was a "mistake by the computer" and told it would be taken care of next week. Finally the next check came, and it was even worse... something like $70, and my rent was due that day! I was livid! I went around in circles for 2 more weeks following this and when I finally got my check, I had over $110 in late fees on my rent, and my cell phone was disconnected due to non payment.

Still I was not compensated for the $8 per hour for the first three weeks of work, as Bill my manager promised. He told me I would have to "EAT IT" like HE has done many times himself. I only got results from the company when I came in threatening to go to the labor board, with the paperwork in my hands. I did try to pursue it, but I had mucho overtime, and the labor board only will cover regular time, and overtime is Federal. I did not pursue because of the time and hassle, but wish I still could. Do not touch this company with a 10 mile pole.

Darren
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2003 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Comfort/Phoenix-Arizona-85032/United-Air-Comfort-Manager-Pay-Scandal-Ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-73237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Comfort