Complaint Review: United Air Comfort

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2003

• Reported By:Glendale Arizona
United Air Comfort
400 Fairway Drive Deerfireld Beach, Fl Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

If you ever hear the name Mark Berch, or United Air Comfort/Restoration... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Ripoff! Ex-Employee confesses. Phoenix Arizona

I am a former employee of United Air Comfort Phoenix, Az. I would just like to share a few of my stories with you. I responded to an ad in the newspaper for A/C techs, NO EXP required $600-$1,200 per week. I jumped at this opportunity, seeing the success of many of my friends in the HVAC industry, and needing a career change. I was very surprised when after three days of work I was considered a HVAC Tech and was on my merry way performing "tune ups" on units themselves.

At one instance I was called out to an A/C unit not working. I had been working for the company for about a month now, and when I arrived I found the blower motor not running, just the evap coil icing up. In my ignorance due to inexperience I had to assume the motor was bad, and proceeded to buy a new motor and replace the capacitor with it. This had no effect on the unit, and still it was not running. I worked on it all day in vain.

The next day I asked for an experienced tech to help me, but conveniently nobody was "availible". Finally after two days of putting this customer through literal hell in the Arizona heat without A/C, the manager of the Phoenix branch who was waiting for transfer to a new location, came to "help" me. He looked the system over and said without testing anything that "the new motor was no good". I took his advice, and got another new motor, and installed it. Still no effect on the system.

I eventually after three days of trial and error, found that the system had a relay delay that had gotten wet, and shorted, and was the cause of the whole problem. Yet the company had another Tech come out and rewire the system (jurry riged) with a time delay switch in stead. The customer was still charged for the blower motor. How much? $199... no $299... nope... $600 for a $40 motor and capacitor. If you ever hear the name Mark Berch, or United Air Comfort/Restoration.....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Darren
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2003 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Comfort/Phoenix-Arizona-85301/If-you-ever-hear-the-name-Mark-Berch-or-United-Air-ComfortRestoration-RUN-FOR-YOUR-LI-73233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Comfort