Complaint Review: United Air Temp

• Submitted: Mon, June 28, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, June 28, 2010

• Reported By: Mike C — USA
United Air Temp
4460 Brookfield Crprte Dr Chantilly, VA 20151 Centerville, Virginia United States of America

United Air Temp Doesn't Sell Quality Systems, Have Reputable Service Staff nor Honor It's Agreements Centerville, Virginia

This company has been one of the worst companies I've dealt with in some time.  They put in a brand new air conditioning.  I purchased a top of the line, 4-zone system for my house.  It was put in on time and the service men were courteous but a few months later the system started to break down.  We also purchased their "Full Service Agreement" so that we could get fast service.

The first indecent took them 3 days to fix in summer 100 degree weather.  The service person they sent out left after about about 15 minutes.  The next day, the AC broke again.  We called again to have it serviced and the same person was sent out.  This time, he fixed the Heat Pump instead of the inside unit.  He could not continue because he needed to order another part and was out the next day to finish the job.

The second indecent happened about a month later.   Again, he ran some diagnostics and left and said the system was fixed.  After he left we noticed that the house wasn't getting any cooler.   We called the company back and they said they would send another person out the next day.  We waited until the next day and the same person came out again (why they couldn't have made him turn around the previous day for not doing his job is a mystery).  He replaced some parts on the system and sure enough 2 days later it broke again, during a weekend.  We called the emergency number and another service person came out.  When he came out he said he had fixed the system.  We made sure that he stayed for a minute to make sure the cool air was cooling the house.  After we were satisfied that it had been fixed, he left.  I called a manager to complain, he seemed indifferent to my complaints and just blew me off.

I am not sure if they sold me some terrible system and just glued the brand name on or if all the technicians are just out of HVAC school but I will not be dealing with the company again.  Their "Full Service Agreement" is a joke.  If you must be suckered in to using the company, don't buy it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2010 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Temp/Centerville-Virginia-/United-Air-Temp-Doesnt-Sell-Quality-Systems-Have-Reputable-Service-Staff-nor-Honor-Its-618345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Temp