Complaint Review: United Air Temp

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Machfowler — Virginia
United Air Temp
1073 W Broad St, Falls Church, VA 22046 , Select State/Province USA

United Air Temp United Air Temp sold a defective unit then refused to contact the manufacturer or pay for probems it caused me Falls Church virginia

Sold me a new heat pump costing $7,000. 14 months later it was broken. I discovered it was broken when my electric bill came in at 4 times the normal electric usage. I called them, they came out, couldn't fix it, had to wait for the parts, came back spent an evening trying to fix it had to come back the next day and spent nearly the whole day working on it. Told me it was fixed.   My next electric bill came in and it was even worse! Called them back they came out again, didn't fix it... had to wait for parts. Left my house running emergency heat again. Came out decided it didn't need the part they thought it needed, didn't replace the part but replaced another part. Told me it was fixed, left and my house started getting colder in 30 minutes. One thing after another for three months my heat pump was running on emergency heat while they kept telling me it was fixed. My heat pump is still not fixed.   They have replaced at least four different major parts.    I told them they needed to pay my electric bill because they installed a faulty unit. They refused told me to call the manufacturer (Amana). Amana said that United Air Temp needed to call them and get the Amana guy to come out and take a look so they could verify the defect. The manufacturer said if United Air Temp wasn't doing that it was because they didn't want to admit they had installed it incorrectly.

United Air Temp refuses to call the manufacturers rep to come look at the unit but tries to pass it off as a defect in the product. Amana says they won't help until their guy sees the unit and says THEY can't direct their own guy to come out and look. Amana says the only way to get the Amana field rep to my house to look at the unit is for United Air Temp to call them. United Air Temp refuses to call the field tech. So, what? Excuse me? What kind of a racket is this?  Anyway, one disaster after another. In the end costing me over $1,000 in electricity over the coldest months in the year and no one will stand by this practically band new heat pump that I am STILL PAYING FOR. I am reporting them to the Attorney Generals Offic and the BBB. Considering other options but for sure, do not buy anything from these knuckleheads. They are terrible and will lie straight to your face and refuse to help you with the manufacturer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Temp/Select-StateProvince/United-Air-Temp-United-Air-Temp-sold-a-defective-unit-then-refused-to-contact-the-manufac-1128584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Temp