Complaint Review: United Airlines CheapoAir

• Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:Halifax Nova Scotia
United Airlines CheapoAir
Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

United Airlines CheapoAir Charged me US prices while flying with Air Canada Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Most Likely..

My flight was booked on Feb.11/09 from halifax to detroit return on Feb.20th/09..I chose United Airlines because of the connecting flight to detroit. when I arrived at the halifax airport discoverd that United Airlines became Air Canada..different flight number altogether. Arrived in Toronto with the flight to detroit cancelled because of weather.

wouldn't get out for possibly another full day because of weather, took a bus to London ontario, 90 minute layover till another bus arrived to continue to Windsor Ontario..had relatives drive for over an hour from Detroit to pick me up at midnight on Feb.11th,2009 Bus fare was $84.00 cdn.

Flight returning was much better but still flying Air Canada from Detroit with different flight numbers than what United booked for me.

I paid US money to fly on a Canadian Airline $113.55 more than I should have paid.if I wanted to fly canadian I would have booked myself onto a canadian airline.and paid cdn money ..I have called US airlines and was told nothing could be done, in other words go to hell. They decided to transfer my call, while holding and waiting for another rep to answer..it was 58 minutes later when at that time I realize that no one was going to answer my waiting call.

I feel Riped Off and will advise everyone I know not to fly United Airlines aka Cheapoair. I will never ever fly with this company again.

Judy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Airlines-CheapoAir/Detroit-Michigan/United-Airlines-CheapoAir-Charged-me-US-prices-while-flying-with-Air-Canada-Detroit-Michig-430318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Airlines CheapoAir

Most Likely..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This was probably what is known as a "Code Share". Where an Airline will purchase a certain amount of seats on one of their "partner" airlines. Where you are flying under United Airlines but on a Air Canada plane. This is very common especially with International or Domestic Communter flights to smaller airports, it is also very common that the flights will have different numbers.

For example Air Canada flight 9876 is the same as UA 321. At the Airport you will see both UA321 and AC 9876 on the Flight Info Boards leaving at the same time from the same gate.

Your weather delay was not a RipOff and was not the fault of either airline. Your choice was to either wait until they could get you out or find your own transportation. You found your own transportation.

As for the difference in fare did you account for the Exchange rate between Canadian and US Dollars? If not this could account for some(all) of the price difference.