Complaint Review: United Airways

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Tony P — DOWNERS GROVE Illinois United States of America
United Airways
Mesa, Arizona United States of America

United Airways Travel Awards Division USPS mail solicitations of Award Notification for $1298.00 for 2 round trip airline tickets Mesa, Arizona

I received the following letter via USPS in a standard white envelope using a single 45 cent stamp originating from a Phoenix, AZ post office.  My name and address appear to be electronically printed via a technique that is apparently used to appear as hand writing in blue ink.

This is the second letter of this type I have received since the first was delivered on October 5, 2012.  I moved to the address in January 2012.  These two letters are the only ones I can recall ever receiving with this style of manipulation.  Although I cannot be certain I haven't dismissed others at other addresses in the past.

United Airways

January 22nd, 2013

Full Name
Address
City, State Zip

NOTE: You must respond no later than February 1st, 2013.

Dear Anthony,

I am pleased to inform you that you have qualified for an award of 2 roundtrip airline tickets. Congratulations. These tickets are valid for travel anywhere in the Continental U.S. from any major international airport. The retail value of this award is up to $1,298.00. Certain  restrictions apply.

We have attempted contacting you several times without success. This is our last attempt. If we do not hear from you  soon, we may need to issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate.

Please call me today at 1-866-949-8021.

Regards,

Jan Cane
Vice President

2 letters followed by a dash and a 5 digit number

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Airways/Mesa-Arizona-85211/United-Airways-Travel-Awards-Division-USPS-mail-solicitations-of-Award-Notification-for--1003881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Airways