Complaint Review: United American Health Insurance

• Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:High Point North Carolina
United American Health Insurance
unitedamerican.com/ Nationwide U.S.A.

United American Health Insurance Prospective Agents: It'd be better to work at Mc Donalds! Raleigh North Carolina

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I wish I would've known

As an ex-employee of United American, I cannot say this loud enough: RUN! Here are the issues I ran into while working for this company:

Leads-this is the same story as others have reported. The few leads received are for individuals who are uninsurable or have never expressed interest in the company. They preach good leads but deliver low quantity and even lower quality.

Training-If you have been insured by UA, don't feel that you were the only one misled. The training provided by UA misleads its employees to think these are great policies and great deals. Even the agents don't know about the fine print. If the agents don't know it, they can't give away the sneaky secrets that turn out to scam clients. Agents preach "wonderful" policies because they are trained that it all is "wonderful" and simply accept it as the truth.

Here's the biggest of them all as an employee----

CHARGE BACKS-Because most sane clients will quickly learn that UA is not the ideal company with which to be insured, they cancel their policy within the first few months. Here's the problem. Agents are paid in advance commission. Any policy cancellation within the first nine months of its start date causes the agent's full commission to be returned. These charge backs are the final blow to an angent already starving for income at this 100% commission based job.

I worked well over 40 hours a week, drove 500 miles a week (on my own gas money), and only ended up making about $5000 over the course of a half a year. Then, when I quit, I had $4,278 in charge backs (cancelled policies). They now are wanting all the money they paid me, back. They have turned it over to a credit agency. That would mean that I worked for six months for $722. That's not even enough to pay the gas bills for when I worked for them. That money, what little it was, is long gone. I had to pay bills somehow; and waiting nine months to be insured of my money was unrealistic.

If you are considering a job with this company, and have read this far into my report, please understand that the time it will take you to find a different job is well worth the wait. Don't buy into the "opportunities;" the only big opporunities are those of frustration, drawbacks, and deceptions.

Julie
High Point, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2008 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-American-Health-Insurance/nationwide/United-American-Health-Insurance-Prospective-Agents-Itd-be-better-to-work-at-Mc-Donalds-304076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United American Health Insurance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Ua - (U.S.A.)

i am soo sorry, it sounds like they screwed you over royally. Good thing I found out all this before I actually started working for them! The reason I didnt in the first place was because the fuckers didnt tell me the real cost of getting my license. They only told me it would cost $130 for the class. Once I started the class they told me it would cost $180 more to actually get my license and they SWORE they told me, I KNOW FOR A FACT they did not, otherwise I NEVER would have started. And then I only got a refund of $99 from License2go.com because it was passed 24 hours. It was complete B*&*&*&, they tried to tell me they could help me work under the table for some money to help pay for the tests but I promptly told them NO, I knew they were SCAMMERS AND LIARS! THEY NEED TO BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds