Complaint Review: United Auto Credit Corp. - Cleveland

• Submitted: Sun, June 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 08, 2008

• Reported By:Cleveland Ohio
United Auto Credit Corp. - Cleveland
7055 Engle Road #604, Middleburg Heights, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 440-260-0830
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

United Auto Credit Corp. - Cleveland Scare tactics, telephone harassment, constant threats Middleburg Heights Ohio

I purchased a car in March 2008. Due to divorce my credit report looks like a blury eye-chart; from a distance its bad, and as you look closer nothing gets clearer.

I make a decent income and have paid my bills on-time for several years since the divorce. In May of 2008 I was forced to change banks due to my employers new direct deposit policy. As a result, I was forced to pay late.

I submitted my check BEFORE the due date to UACC with a letter detailing the problem. I even went so far as to INCLUDE THE LATE FEE into the payment amount and ask them to not deposit the check unti after the weekend (3-4 days). Bear in mind that there is no late fee on my contract until 10 days late. I thought including the late fee was the right thing to do under the circumstances. I even called the company to confirm my letter was received and the instructions were understood.

Alas, UACC depostied the check early anyway, and I get a call shouting "Your check bounced!". When I explained the situation and the letter, the woman says "We dont take post dated checks!"...Hello, the check wasn't post dated...it was dated currently. Your representative told me there was no problem.

In hindsight I supposed I should have just mailed the check late and dealt with the telephone calls over the weekend. I went out-of-town for 2 weeks and they have since called my home (2-3 times per day) and left arrogant messages, called my office (2-3 times per day) even though they have been told I am out until X-date, and even called my elderly mother several times.

I wasnt hiding. I explained all of this in writing and on the telephone BEFORE the due date. This company simply has no internal communication. They are all calling in ignorance.

At this point I am considering simply dropping off the financed vehicle at the UACC office in Middleburg Heights and being done with it.

I generally consider myself a responsible individual and try to maintain my integrity, but these people call me office and tell receptionists that I have bounced a check and they need a call back immediately! IS THAT EVEN LEGAL??

Oui Vey!

Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Auto-Credit-Corp-Cleveland/Middleburg-Heights-Ohio-44130/United-Auto-Credit-Corp-Cleveland-Scare-tactics-telephone-harassment-constant-threats-338228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Auto Credit Corp. - Cleveland