Complaint Review: United Auto Credit Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2007

• Reported By:Canton Georgia
United Auto Credit Corporation
2400 Lake Park Drive, Ste 210 Smyrna, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 770-432-7602
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

United Auto Credit Corporation - UACC gestapo tactics, rude, screaming, condescending letters demanding payments before due date ripoff Smyrna Georgia

*Author of original report: don't comment if you don't know what you are talking about.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: on or before due date

today-Tuesday- I received a letter demanding payment, dated one day before the loan due date which was a Sunday this time. I made payment on Monday in person like I always do when dealing with credit issues. I called the office and asked to speak to the manager.

John Miller got on the phone and proceeded to talk loudly and rudely over me, wouldn't answer my questions, told me that payments due on weekends should be place in drop box (which doesn't guarantee me anything) and pointed out how the times I did the same scenario all counted toward past due reports to the credit bureau. I finally had to hang up on the sob because I couldn't get a word in.

Deb
Canton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Auto-Credit-Corporation/Smyrna-Georgia-30080/United-Auto-Credit-Corporation-UACC-gestapo-tactics-rude-screaming-condescending-lett-267375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Auto Credit Corporation

AUTHOR: Deb - (U.S.A.)

I'm not stupid or new to credit issues. There is NO valid reason for demand letters to be dated and mailed out BEFORE the due date. For your info, the rude and condescending manager has been reprimanded by much higher up people in the UACC organization, and my husband and I have in fact been thanked by his fellow office employees for bringing that down on him because they have all been witness to his abusive tactics. I can only assume due to your defense of him that you also work for a subprime lender. People like me who, due to layoffs, health issues, or any one of a myriad of reasons, find themselves in this unfortunate position, do not deserve to be treated like pond scum.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

on or before due date

AUTHOR: Readyourcontract - (U.S.A.)

Deb, you understand that UACC cannot be open 24hrs, 7 days a week for your conveniece, no more than you work that long. So when your payment date comes on a weekend, you need to pay it before the weekend. Why? If you pay on the weekend and the company isn't open, the payment will post the next time they are open, which in your case, was after the due date, which makes you late. Why is that so difficult to understand. I would seriously doubt that the employee screamed at you. How or why would they escalate a call to that level, unless you were participating in it? You are not helping the company by paying on time, you are helping yourself. You need to rethink your position.