hidden

• Submitted: Sat, November 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2007

• Reported By:gainesville Virginia
United Auto Credit - Fairfax
Po Box 1584 Lorton, Virginia U.S.A.

United Auto Credit - Fairfax Called my mother and demanded money that day!! Lorton Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: You should call an attorney NOW!

I have never been treated so badly by a company in my life. I hope there is some one out there to put a stop to this company. first they are charging 24% interest and then call and threaten you and belittle you! I was late on a payment, had to pay $900.00 in personal property taxes in VA and was 13 days late.

I had sent them an extra $100.00 the month before to help with the late payment. Due to the phone messages they left I chose not to contact them. They sent a person to my job and told my manager I needed to make a payment or the car would be re-poed and handed him a letter to give to me.

A few days later they called my human resource dept where I work and asked when I get paid. the next day they called my mother and told her she needed to go to western union and make a payment before 4pm or they would repo the car. my mother paid it (I have record of this statement). I got paid the next day and paid my mother back. I got a call at work 2 weeks later from united auto credit ststing they couldn't find the car. He claimed they were going to repo it because I didn't contact united auto credit, and I was considered a high risk.

I took the car to a family members house over 1000 miles away and purchesed a truck for 700.00 to drive till I figure out what they are doing. I hope someone can let me know what my options are. If I let them repo it, will I be held responsible for the difference even though they violated my rights and made unlawful threats? I have read other reports and just can't believe this is allowed to continue! God Bless, Robert Peterson

Audi a6...mom must pay!!
gainesville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2007 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Auto-Credit-Fairfax/Lorton-Virginia-22199/United-Auto-Credit-Fairfax-Called-my-mother-and-demanded-money-that-day-Lorton-Virgini-282792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Auto Credit - Fairfax

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You should call an attorney NOW!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Oh boy! You've made matters MUCH worse.

By transporting the property across state lines for the purpose of preventing repossession, you have committed several crimes. I would recommend you bring the car back into Virginia immediately to remove the "interstate transportation" element from possible charges that can be made against you.

You should consult with an attorney IMMEDIATELY! You are putting anyone who is helping you hide this vehicle at risk of criminal charges as well. The family member 1000 miles away may be charged as an accomplice for criminal conversion at the least or interstate grand theft at the worse.

2 Things to do right away:

Bring the car back to Virginia.

Consult with an attorney.

Regarding repossession. If they repossess the vehicle, they will most likely sell the car at auction and deduct the auction price from what you owe on the vehicles. If there is any remaining balance after deducting the auction price and adding legal fees, repossession fees and storage, you will be liable to pay the remaining balance plus these additional costs.

Hiding the vehicle, especially out of state, is only making your situation WORSE!

Call or lawyer or try contacting Legal Aid.