Complaint Review: United Auto Credit Report - UACC

• Submitted: Thu, March 22, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 05, 2007

• Reported By:Orange California
United Auto Credit Report - UACC
17752 Sky Park Cir # 150 Irvine, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 949-224-1900
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

United Auto Credit Report - UACC Ripoff Mafia tactics used by incompetents Irvine California

*Author of original report: Check the BBB for your company's score

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: your choice

I had a car loan with this company for a little over 2 years and have never ever been late on even one single payment. For the first 14 months straight they sent me a letter every month stating that unless I contact their office in 24 hours about the payment due immediately on my loan they will invoke the default clause in my contract. The amount on all of these letters that I had to pay was listed as $0.00. Ok, one month as an oversight, fine, but 14 months? Also, everytime I renewed my insurance (every 6 months) they would call me several times to tell me they received a notice that my insurance was cancelled and if I did not fax them proof of insurance immediately that they were going to repo the car. Maybe if they read the notice from my insurance they would understand that it is a renewal. One month last year I dropped my payment in their night drop box. The next morning I received a call from them that they did not get my payment. I explained that I dropped it in the drop box the night before, I was then called a "Filthy liar, if you don't get your payment here in the next hour we are going to hunt you down and take the car". I rgued that I droppped it in the drop box, but they continued to threaten me. I drove to their office to give them another check, by the time I got there they had found my other check, "It must have gotten pushed under a desk or something". They offered to put one of the checks in their safe until my next month payment was due, I said fine. Of course the next month I received a call from them. "Your payment was due yesterday, if you do not bring the payment in the next hour we are going to repo the car and make sure that everyone knows you're a deadbeat". I was shocked and horrified to be spoken to in that manner. I advised them that threats will get them no where and advised them that the check in the safe and has been for 30 days.

The man I was speaking with "Chris" stated "Don't lie to me and try to make me run all over our office for a payment that is not here, bring your payement to our office right now or say goodbye to your car". I hung up on him and called back a few minutes later after I cooled down and spoke with a woman and advised her of my situation, she put me on hold, looked in the safe and found my check. Apparently she did not post the payment in my account as I received threatening voicemails the next day about my payment. I then went to their office in person and brought a printout of the scanned cashed check from my bank which United Auto Credit cashed the day before. The first man I spoke with said the document I brought was fake and that they may have to involve the police on the matter, I invited him to please call the police. Then he asked me if I was driving the car they financed that day. He said I better hand him my keys right now or give them my payment as I stood there. I then told him I would be the one calling the police if they tried to take the car as my payemnts were up to date. Another man came out to see what was going on, then he looked in their computer and said, "oh yes, I see that your payment was made yesterday which is still a day late, you owe us the late fee." I was aghast and explained the situation to him that the check had been in their possession for 30 days and I refused to be penalized because they deposited it a day late. A week later I refinanced my car with another company, not for the reason of lower interest, but just so I could get away from these morons.

I strongly urge anyone who is even considering this company for their auto loan to look elsewhere. You are much better of riding the bus than dealing with these incompetents.

Frazier
Orange, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2007 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Auto-Credit-Report-UACC/Irvine-California-92614/United-Auto-Credit-Report-UACC-Ripoff-Mafia-tactics-used-by-incompetents-Irvine-Californ-240267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Auto Credit Report - UACC

Check the BBB for your company's score

AUTHOR: Frazier - (U.S.A.)

I was laughing out loud at your rebuttal and how ignorant you must be. All other comments about your company are the same. Loan sharking strong arm tactics used to get people to pay their zero balance due on time. LOL! I was never late by even 1 minute, so how does this make me financially ignorant? Check with dictionary.com if you need help with the word 'ignorant'. I was not forced to pay on time, I did this on my own. It is your company that kept wasting their money to generate the letters stating I did not owe them any money at the time and to call them in 24 hours to discuss my balance owing of $0.00. Do you not know that your company's BBB score is an F? Again, the same comments regarding ignorance and lack of professionalism. Get your facts straight before you fire off a rebuttal.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

your choice

AUTHOR: Readyourcontract - (U.S.A.)

Hold on, so you finally refinanced and got a lower rate? That is great. It must have been because you were almost forced to pay your account in a timely basis. Your history would reflect well on your credit bureau, your credit score would have increased. But go ahead and blame the company. You don't really believe the supposed "facts" in your complaint do you? So you got a lower rate upon refinance and that was not enough reason to do so? Sounds like you just wanted to fight, some people are like that. Who is the one incompetent, at least financially?