Complaint Review: United Auto

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2007

• Reported By:Meadville Pennsylvania
United Auto
Robinson Town Center Moon Township, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

United Auto The Illegal Practices and Lies They Use Moon Township Pennsylvania

I've read my situation is similar to many others about United Auto Credit. I don't even have a loan with these people, but they continue to harass me about a car loan they gave my daughter's ex-boyfriend.

I've asked them numerous times-at least 12-to stop calling me and asking me to contact my daughters ex-boyfriend. They keep telling me that I was put down as " a reference." I've told them many times that you didn't call me when you were giving this guy a car loan, why call me now?? If you would have called me BEFORE you gave him the loan and asked for a reference, I would have told you he was a bum!

This morning was the icing on the cake. They left me a voice mail message at 7:13 AM from someone named "Sara" and it was down-right RUDE. It said that I had been used as a reference and they needed to speak to him and he was expected to call "Sara" by 6:00 PM. No goodbye, no thank you, no have a nice day, no kiss my butt, no NOTHING! So, I called Sara back and told her, AGAIN, to quit calling me. I didn't appreciate the time of day, the number of times, or the tone in her voice. She proceeded to tell me she didn't have a "tone in her voice" and she was only doing her job. I told her I didn't care, quit calling me. She hung up on me!

Now, I am ready to spit nails, so I call back and she answers with "I was not rude to you lady!", and my response was "I want to speak to a supervisor" I repeated this 4 more times as she kept repeating she didn't do anything wrong, and then she hung up on me again!

I then called the main office number and the woman who answered didn't identify herself, just said "United Auto Credit" I asked to speak with a supervisor and she said she was the supervisor. I said no way, I want a supervisor. Her response was, "you can choose to believe me or not, but I am the branch manager here." I told her I didn't believe her because I couldn't believe that the branch manager would be as rude and ignorant as "Sara" had just been.

Then I told her I wanted the main office number. She told me she didn't know it. Now, I'd had enough I told her she better get it or things were going to get ugly. After a few moments she gets back on the phone and rattles off 1-800-833-1940. I asked her name and she told me "Kristy". I had to ask her 3 more times before she would tell me her last name was "Brown" (yea, like I believe that!) and she was the branch supervisor of the Moon Township Office. She then tried to tell me she had no idea why I was so upset. I told her of Sara's rudeness and hanging up on me TWICE. She said she would have a talk with her. Right!

My point in all of this is that I am NOT a customer of United and I am harassed NUMEROUS times a day by RUDE people. How can they call people someone writes on a credit application?? And they go into the person's personal business. I don't need to know (nor should I know) that his payment has been late every month since he bought the car! How horrible!

I didn't try the 800 number she gave me yet. I was too mad all day to call and be calm, so I thought I would wait until tomorrow. The number she gave me is 1-800-833-1940. If its a true number (which I highly doubt) they are going to get a piece of my mind.

I hope everyone out there who is a customer of United complains and takes legal action against their procedures. Personally, if I had to get a car loan or do without from these people, my boots would be walking!!

Kim
Meadville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2007 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Auto/Moon-Township-Pennsylvania/United-Auto-The-Illegal-Practices-and-Lies-They-Use-Moon-Township-Pennsylvania-276022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Auto