Complaint Review: United Bank Card

• Submitted: Tue, July 08, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 10, 2008

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
United Bank Card
PO Box 4006 Clinton, New Jersey U.S.A.

United Bank Card Deceptive Billing! Clinton New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: explaination of transaction fees

I have been a loyal customer of theirs for over 4 years now and have finally noticed through their confusing monthly statement reporting that they have been double charging on certain transactions since the beginning! What makes me even more frustrated is that whenever I talk to customer (no) service they have a canned answer saying that I am not being charged. Funny, it comes out of my bank every month, but they say it is not.

I have called several times a week for the past month to talk to someone in a supervisory position that could understand (maybe they already do) and clear this up but "Sasha" the direct supervisor will not return my repeated messages I leave nor the emails that (supposedly) the CSR's I speak to, write to her. I am a busy guy but apparently "Sasha" is too busy to deal with a customer as loyal as me.

I would definitely stay clear of this company if you are looking for a Credit Card Merchant Processor. Don't let their falsely advertised low transaction costs fool you. Why pay a $99 annual fee when you don't have to? Also, they have these "pass through" charges that come directly out of your account and send you a notice after the fact. Last one I rec'd was nearly $60. I checked, reputable vendors like NOVA don't do this.

I expect an employee to sometime rebut my statement. You can look me up by talking to "Sasha". I will be happy to clear my complaint here and with the BBB if I am credited back ALL the money that has been deceptively taken from me.

Charles
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Bank-Card/Clinton-New-Jersey-08809/United-Bank-Card-Deceptive-Billing-Clinton-New-Jersey-348991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Bank Card

explaination of transaction fees

AUTHOR: Chris Rotondi - (U.S.A.)

the fees that this merchant feels they are being billed twice for cannot not be expliained because examples are not provided nor is a merchant number. I also find this to be strange that the supervisor who is merely an employee can be slandered in this forum but any response is censored. I would have no problem explianing this so called double billing but no contact information in this complaint is provided. If a resolution is desired I can be contacted at Chris@unitedbankcard.com