Complaint Review: United Bank Card

• Submitted: Sat, December 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2008

• Reported By:Hartford Connecticut
United Bank Card
3824 South Evans Blvd. Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

United Bank Card Early Cancellation Fees are a Ripoff Tucson Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: explaination of termination fee

I owned a small business in CT and we decided to use United Bank's transaction services for customer credit cards. After using the services for 1.5 months, I sold the business and so canceled the services since the new buyer rightfully felt the fees were too high.

When I went to cancel, they automatically took $250 plus another $940 for an "early cancellation." The $250 would have been $450 had I not mailed them the credit card machine they sent me. I called them and argued with them on the phone and they told me that all of this was written down in their contract. In the letter they sent they mentioned $250 (which in itself is high) but I to this day I have no idea how they got $940 from. I am still investigating how they came up with that but this company is a total rip off and I do not recommend that anyone use it.

Lena
Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2007 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Bank-Card/Tucson-Arizona-85714/United-Bank-Card-Early-Cancellation-Fees-are-a-Ripoff-Tucson-Arizona-295466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Bank Card

explaination of termination fee

AUTHOR: Chris Rotondi - (U.S.A.)

When a merchant sings a processing agreement the agree to a three year processing agreement. this is stated in the Terms and conditions. the fee for canceling and account is 250.00 dollars or 35.00 a month for the remainder of the contract which ever is greater. Accounts that have an early termination fee greater then 250 will see the 250 charge then the remainder in a second charge. in this case 250+940= 1190/35=34 months
this is disclosed in the terms and conditions, United Bank Card has acted in full accordance to these terms

The merchant canceled their accound after only 2 months. I would have no problems resolving this issues but we have not been given any contact information. this is not unusual for this website which. This makes it very difficult for a company to resolve any issues.

I can be contacted at 800 201 0461 ext 112