Complaint Review: United Benefit Advantage

• Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: JensDad12 — Ludlow Kentucky
United Benefit Advantage
St. Augustine, Florida USA

United Benefit Advantage Ripped off by United Benefit Advantage St. Augustine Florida

*Author of original report: United Benefit Advantage charged onlly once

On May 31, 2013 we incurred TWO charges on our debit card of $1.95 each from United Benefit Advantage. I did not know it was them at the time. My wife and I work different shifts, but I did ask what the charges were and she didn't know anything about them, neither did I. Instead of contacting our bank immediately, life got busy and I ignored the 2 charges. On June 23, 2013 however, they then charged our account $39.95 and $29.99. I called them and they said my wife had ordered this promotion for a $100 voucher (which never arrived),

and all of the information would have been divulged to my wife on May 31, 2013 verbally, and my wife left no email address (which I know is a lie), so there is not even a way to find out about the voucher, etc. they said they mailed on June 4, 2013 in the "plainest white envelope" the information, and my wife probably just threw it away, mistaking it for a solicitation or scam. Excuse, eh?

They've got all of the angles figured out. Next, she said I could cancel the MONTHLY withdrawals, but I would still lose the initial $1.95 and the $39.95. She then told me I had to call the OTHER number to cancel it from occurring monthly (even though it's the same company). I am filing a complaint with the Attorney General of Kentucky concerning this company. I will now have to close the debit card at our bank, and all of the inconvenience that goes with that. I hope the Attorney General finds out who sold our debit card info. and the "stream" of info. to this fraudulent acts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Benefit-Advantage/St-Augustine-Florida/United-Benefit-Advantage-Ripped-off-by-United-Benefit-Advantage-St-Augustine-Florida-1061564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Benefit Advantage

United Benefit Advantage charged onlly once

AUTHOR: JensDad12 - ()

United Benefit Advantage charged our debit card only once, the other charge was by Preferred Reader Service who today agreed to refund the entire $31.00 plus charges. United Benefit Advantage offered no solution to their fraudulent debit card charges, and has been reported to the Attorney General's Office of Kentucky this morning.