Complaint Review: United Benefit Advantage

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2012

• Reported By: Marie — Oak Creek Wisconsin United States of America
United Benefit Advantage

United Benefit Advantage North American Service Company? Never signed up but they are charging $23.50 monthly despite our attempts to cancel Internet

In December my husband received a mailing and a card saying he had joined United Benefit Advantage on 12/30/2011. We had never heard of this service nor did we sign up. I called in January to cancel and received a cancellation code. It seemed very easy and I was relieved that this was a simple call. HOWEVER, they have continued to bill us $24.95 per month. I called again today so we'll see what happens.

I suspect this is connected to a magazine sales person that we ordered subscriptions from two years ago. A young guy going door to door (but seemed very "organized" as he was with others going door to door. they put a sticker on our door to note our house had been solicited). He told us it was a high school magazine sales thing and he was going to win a prize, blah, blah, blah.

This fall we got a letter from the "North American Service Company in Phoenix Arizona about re-upping our subscription. They gave my husband rates which sounded good to him (I'm sure framed in some sort of monthly reduced rate). He told me it was cheaper than our first subscription rate so he re-upped our subscriptions. However, I went back to do the math and it was MORE expensive than just ordering those subscriptions on-line. I send a written cancellation for this also in January. I think (you never know) this has been stopped.

These people are

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Benefit-Advantage/internet/United-Benefit-Advantage-North-American-Service-Company-Never-signed-up-but-they-are-char-861318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Benefit Advantage