enable

• Submitted: Wed, October 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 29, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
United Benefits Of America
P.O. Box 2426 Brentwood, Tennessee U.S.A.

United Benefits Of America Beware! Company will charge you different amount than agreed upon, and will not refund money(s)! Brentwood Tennessee

United Benefits will cheat you so beware. I recently signed up for coverage with Health Benefits of America and received a confirmation letter with total up front costs charged way above original agreements made over the phone.

None of the charged amounts even came close to what was agreed upon originally and there were new "initial payment" costs added in to the health plan paperwork that were never agreed upon but were charged to my bank account that were in the hundreds of dollars.

The next discrepancy that was noted is one of actual coverage available to the insured, which does not live up to the original plan that was discussed over the phone. In fact, they will lead you to believe that you are receiving health insurance benefits when in reality what you are receiving is a discount program which has little to no benefit for those that are currently living with pre-existing illness.

Beware of the coverage for pharmaceuticals as well, because you will be steered wrong. As in my case, the prescriptions that I take I was told would be covered under the health plan that I signed up for, but was later informed that they would not. Here is the kicker....I was then informed of a separate pharmaceutical plan of coverage that would cover my medications, for a separate fee of course, that was also accompanied by a start up fee of a $150 dollars plus a monthly fee of $50.

I later found out through my doctor that I could receive these meds directly through the manufacturer for nearly no cost to me with just a little paperwork. They informed me that they see this quite often and that these companies pray upon the uninsured by miss-leading them through fancy adds and quick talking sales people.

Once I confronted the provider about the issues at hand, they informed me that the start up fees were a one time cost and were non refundable even if I cancelled the coverage before it took effect. "There was nothing I could do about the start up fee's", so they tell me.

I have since filed a dispute through my financial institution and are searching for other options that would assist me in my dispute. At this point all I can say is beware of these health coverage predators.

Jeremy
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2008 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Benefits-Of-America/Brentwood-Tennessee-37024/United-Benefits-Of-America-Beware-Company-will-charge-you-different-amount-than-agreed-up-386182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Benefits Of America