Complaint Review: United Camera And Binocular Repair

• Submitted: Mon, December 29, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 29, 2008

• Reported By:malabar Florida
United Camera And Binocular Repair
1062 Tower Lane Bensenville, Illinois U.S.A.

United Camera And Binocular Repair Purchased their Warranty from Walmart, totally worthless Bensenville Illinois

I purchased a warranty from Walmart when I bought my Fuji camera. It was always carefully maintained, and never abused. In a little over a year the LCD display died. The rest of the camera worked fine; I could still use it though the viewfinder.

Following their instructions, I packaged and RMA'ed it to them. In like 3 weeks it comes back- I'm delighted to have my repaired camera back. NOT! Instead, inside is an invoice saying no repairs were made since there was internal liquid evidence.

No Kidding? Gee, doesn't the L in LCD stand for LIQUID? And since the LCD display failed, that just might be a source of a liquid? Aside from perhaps a few raindrops when caught outdoors in the past year, this camera was never subjected to other liquids.

Now for the real kicker? The camera now is TOTALLY disfunctional! So I send a repair center a PARTIALLY functional camera, and get back a totally disfunctinal one. Some repair center.

I tried to call them. All I get is voicemail. I left voicemail and have never had a call back. I suspect I never will.

Spydox
malabar, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Camera-And-Binocular-Repair/Bensenville-Illinois-60106/United-Camera-And-Binocular-Repair-Purchased-their-Warranty-from-Walmart-totally-worthles-406070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Camera And Binocular Repair