Complaint Review: United Camera and Binocular

• Reported By: Bigran88 — Grain Valley Missouri United States of America
United Camera and Binocular
1062 Tower Lane Internet United States of America

United Camera and Binocular Broken Camera, Broken Promises, Internet

I have a 2 year old Fuji sf8000.  I dropped it and the camera would not power up. i contacted United Camera and they sent me a quote form with an extimate of $135.  The camera was sent to them, they did a "repair" and sent it back.  The camera originally powered up, but after it sat for 6 months without use, when attempting to power it up again it repeated the issue from before. SAME EXACT ISSUE. Would not power up.  I contacted United Camera, who made me pay them $10 to ship the camera back to them, the when they received it, informed me that I had to pay an additional $135 to get the exact same repair done.  They stated they were only responsible for the camera for 90 days (which was not on the original quote form sent from the company). I have contacted the Illiinois Better Business and also my attorney.  DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!  Worst mistake I could have made with this camera repair!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2010 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Camera-and-Binocular/internet/United-Camera-and-Binocular-Broken-Camera-Broken-Promises-Internet-646598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Camera and Binocular